Complaint Review: Harry Telecom Inc

• Updated: Tue, March 18, 2014

• Reported By: Nicolephl — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Harry Telecom Inc
1216 South Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Harry Telecom Inc Repair service as awful as customer service - avoid! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

On 3/10/14 I stopped in Harry Telecom's shop to have a screen replacement done on my white/silver iPhone 5s because I was getting tired of looking at a cracked screen. Although I intended on shopping on South St while the repair was being done, "Harry" (I'm not sure what the older gentlemen owner's name is, so I will be referring to him as Harry) would not give me any sort of invoice or receipt to show that he had received my very expensive device. I was told to "trust" him, and that he had repaired tons of phones in past. I opted to sit and wait the two hours until the repair was finished. Once the repair was done, I brought it home and double checked that everything was working properly. It was then I realized the Touch ID function was no longer working at all!

Assuming this to be a software issue (as update 7.1 had just been released), I brought it to Apple to see if they could help me troubleshoot the issue. [continued below]....

..... Apple tested all of the parts, and then realized what I myself had also missed - Harry Telecom had replaced my stock silver button with a gold one! This unnecessary part switch done by the technician at Harry Telecom was the reason the Touch ID was no longer functioning - each sensor on the iPhone 5s is uniquely linked to that phone's A7 chip. Any damage to this part (or complete switch) renders the fingerprint capability nonfunctional. With that being said, this Harry guy seemed like an honest small business man and I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I was then prompted to return to the store on 6 different occasions over the span of one week. On each visit I was fed a new excuse as to why he/she couldn't fix it then, as well as given a new promise that would ultimately go unfulfilled (three different calls were promised by three different people - none of which came, my device was going to be fixed "100%", my device was going to be fixed "110%" among others).

In the end, my device was not repaired and I was told "Oh well, maybe you should just take it to Apple". Although this was absolutely something I expected of a third-party vendor, what I did not expect was the awful customer service I received. On three of the occasions I visited the store, I was told that the manager who was supposed to be in to fix my phone had stayed home sick - but knowing I was expected that day, and having my phone number saved in every associates phone, no one deemed it proper to call me to save me the trip downtown. So, with that being said I would rate this business 0/5 stars if it were possible. Harry Telecom Inc also operates a store in Upper Darby, PA at which I will be cross-listing this review. Please, do yourself the favor and heed my warning. Do not use Harry Telecom for your cell phone repair needs! Although Harry Telecom isn't interested in honoring their warranty or providing half-decent customer service, they are quite interested in using my phone to advertise! 1 $137.80 repair + 6 trips on septa ($27) + 1 broken iPhone 5s + 1 breach of warranty by vendor = REGRET (also $164.80). HEED THE WARNING!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harry-Telecom-Inc/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19147/Harry-Telecom-Inc-Repair-service-as-awful-as-customer-service-avoid-Philadelphia-Penns-1131699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harry Telecom Inc