Complaint Review: Harvey Reese Associates

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By:indianapolis Indiana
Harvey Reese Associates
614 South Eighth Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Harvey Reese Associates HIS GREAT IDEA, IS TO STEAL.(YOUR MONEY). AND FORGET SEEKING YOU A DEAL; INVENTION LICESING SCAM ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Harv Reese

I contacted Harvey Reese (7/07) in regards to having licensed a board game I created, and was instructed to describe and provide the details of my proposed game prior to being sent an invention submission/ evaluation form.

After doing so I received the forms and was instructed to provide drawings, photos and my submission fee of $175.00. and I would receive an reply in 3-5 weeks, and yes, in 5 wks. I received my report.

In Mr. Reese's report, he described my invention as "intelligently presented" and that he had a
"clear understanding" of my game and the terms of "its design and function; designing and manufacturing the physical components obviously present no difficulties" and he could "see no reason why (my) game would not play as intended".

Mr. Reese goes on to say that my game was an "interesting idea, intelligently conceived and well
thought through" and he's "sure there are folks who would enjoy playing" my game; however, with all the abundance of attributes Mr. Reese states that he doubts he would be successful in obtaining me an licensing deal, as the market for board games has "diminished".

If in fact this is true, Mr. Reese was aware of that fact when I first described my invention which
was prior to Mr. Reese requesting an submission fee and my drawings.

My game is an African American history trivia game, designed to be played and enjoyed by persons of all walks of life, and I question if my photo played a part in Mr. Reese's inability to obtain me an licensing deal; yes, you guessed it I'm an African American.

Beware of Mr. Reese or, you just might get fleeced!

anthony
indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 07:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Harvey-Reese-Associates/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19147/Harvey-Reese-Associates-HIS-GREAT-IDEA-IS-TO-STEALYOUR-MONEY-AND-FORGET-SEEKING-YOU-A-269272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Harvey Reese Associates

#1 General Comment

Harv Reese

AUTHOR: Martin - (United States of America)

I read Harv Reese's book and followed his direction.  It resulted in licensing my first invention with little money to start.  Harv's direction was instrumental for me being able to do for myself in a game full of sharks.  I have the deepest respect for him.  Martin