Complaint Review: Hays and Silva

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: Theresa — Sacramento California
Hays and Silva
8247 Apple Cove Court Sacramento, California USA

Hays and Silva Hays and Silva Handyman, Hays and Co. Hays and Silva appliance installation Ed Hays and Paul Silva Shoddy install of sink and dishwasher Sacramento California

*Author of original report: Shoddy work, no response

If you're thinking of hiring "Hays and Silva" to do any work read this: Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your money, time and energy and don't deal with "Paul" Silva and "Ed" Hays with "Hays and Silva". Paul's phone is 916 226-0957 or 916 533-8125. I hired Paul (who stated he was the owner of Hays and Silva) to install a new sink, new dishwasher and new electric range. Paul assured me that he had tons of experience installing dishwashers, etc. The next day a guy named Ed shows up late. Then, a couple hours later, Paul shows up and they installed the stuff and I paid them in cash $240 as they said they wouldn't take a check or a credit card. Here's the really crappy part:  As of today which is 12 days since the work was done, all I have is more problems that will require me to spend more money to fix. These guys did really shoddy work and here are the sh*ty results of their install: Dishwasher's water hookup valve or line is never working so d/w doesn't get any hot water and the d/w door won't open properly as these guys cut a 23 and 5/8 inch gap when it should have been 24 inches per the install instructions that I had to dig out of the garbage where they threw them.  Even worst, the main drain pipe below the sink is severely leaking, and the garbage disposal has excessive amount of play (apparently it was not reinstalled tightly after they installed the sink). Also after they left the job, I realized that the electric range installation instructions were never opened, then I realized that the d/w manual and install instructions were missing altogether.  Guess what! !! I found the d/w install instructions and its manual still encased in its plastic bag at the bottom of my garbage can!  Apparently, these bozos didn't think that I cared about the paper work that came with the d/w as they had thrown the entire d/w paperwork into the garbage can!!. So anyway, I ran the d/w and found it wasn't getting any water in, so I called Paul and set up an appointment for them to come back to fix it and the other "issues". But THEY NEVER SHOWED UP A SECOND TIME TO FIX ANYTHING even though Paul had confirmed that they would be back to fix the issues. Time for the second appointment came and went (3:00 pm), so I called Paul at 4 pm and he said he wasn't coming but that "Ed will be there any moment". By 5 pm still nobody showed up then I called Paul an hour later, by then I guess he must have decided not to respond to my calls just went to some anonymous voice mail. So, be very leery of these outright liars and cheats. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your money, time and energy and don't deal with "Paul" and "Ed" with "Hays and Silva". Paul's phone is 916 226-0957.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 11:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hays-and-Silva/Sacramento-California-95828/Hays-and-Silva-Hays-and-Silva-Handyman-Hays-and-Co-Hays-and-Silva-appliance-installatio-1077813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hays and Silva

Shoddy work, no response

AUTHOR: Theresa - ()

If you're thinking of hiring "Hays and Silva" to do any work read this: Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your money, time and energy and don't deal with "Paul" Silva and "Ed" Hays with "Hays and Silva".  Their phone numbers are 916 226-0957 and 916 533-8125 per their website at http://www.haysandsilva.us/    I hired Paul (who stated he was the owner of Hays and Silva) to install a new sink, new dishwasher and new electric range. Paul assured me that he had tons of experience installing dishwashers, etc. The next day a guy named Ed shows up late. Then, a couple hours later, Paul shows up and they installed the stuff and I paid them in cash $240 as they said they wouldn't take a check or a credit card. Here's the really crappy part:  As of today which is 12 days since the work was done, all I have is more problems that they caused and that will require me to spend more money to fix. Also after they left the job, I realized that the electric range installation instructions were never opened, then I realized that the d/w manual and install instructions were missing altogether. Guess what!!!  I found the d/w install instructions and its manual still encased in its plastic bag at the bottom of my garbage can!  Apparently, these bozos didn't think that I cared about the paper work that came with the d/w as they had thrown away the entire d/w paperwork.  These guys did really shoddy work and here are the awful results of their install: Dishwasher's copper hot water delivery line or valve doesn’t work so d/w doesn't get any incoming water. The d/w door won't open properly since the hinges rub up against the cabinet opening as these guys didn’t bother to measure and then enlarge the existing 23 and 5/8 inch wide gap to the prescribed 24 inches per the install instructions (instructions which they never even opened). Also, the d/w has a huge gap between the top of the d/w and the underside of the counter. You can clearly see the screw flanges… very rough looking. They didn’t put back the floor/base board either, Even worst, after the sink install, the main drain pipe below the sink is severely leaking, and the garbage disposal has excessive amount of play (apparently it was not reinstalled tightly after they installed the sink). So 3 days later, I ran the d/w for the first time and was dismayed to find that the d/w wasn't getting any water in, so I called Paul and set up an appointment for them to come back to fix this and the other "issues". But THEY NEVER SHOWED UP A SECOND TIME TO FIX ANYTHING even though Paul had confirmed that they would be back to fix the issues. Time for the second appointment came and went (3:00 pm) with nobody showing up, so I called Paul at 4 pm and Paul stated that he wasn't coming but that "Ed will be there any moment". By 5 pm still nobody showed up then I called Paul an hour later, by then I guess he must have decided not to respond to my calls just went to some anonymous voice mail. So, be very leery of these outright liars and cheats. Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your money, time and energy on these guys.