Complaint Review: HD Publishing Group - Net Detective

• Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Laurs — Cranston Rhode Island United States of America
HD Publishing Group - Net Detective
1392 S. Woodland Blvd Deland, Florida United States of America

HD Publishing Group - Net Detective The software is absolutely useless and a complete scam Deland, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Be suspicious

*Consumer Comment: Rips Offs vs Testimonials

*Consumer Comment: Net detective is SCAM SCAM SCAM

*UPDATE Employee: Ex-Employee mis-information

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Hope this helps people

I bought this software just a little while ago for $29.95.  Did some very basic searches including one on my own phone number.  MY number came back with someone else's name and address.  In addition all of the searches I did came back either with no data or wrong data.  I had more information than they did.

THEN to add insult to injury, I did a series of "back" buttons on my browser to get back to the site that linked me to the software.  I wanted to tell them they should remove the link.  When I got to the page selling the software and hit "back" the browser thought I was navigating away without buying it and offered me the software for $19.95.  $10 less than what I had paid just minutes before.

I have submitted an email request for my money back, but based on what I am reading here I am expecting to have a fight on my hands for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HD-Publishing-Group-Net-Detective/Deland-Florida-32720/HD-Publishing-Group-Net-Detective-The-software-is-absolutely-useless-and-a-complete-sc-624357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HD Publishing Group - Net Detective

Be suspicious

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

First off, when someone posts that they had a positive experience, red flags go up, because all of us who have been on the site know the information is useless and doesn't deliver what it promises.  Second, go to the waffle house BBB site, and they actually respond to customer complaints, which is why they have an A plus rating.  Go to Customer Care Dot Come (Net detective), and you see an F rating.  Also, they now have a listing under (Net Detective-Harris digitial publishing) which has no rating and no record of complaints, you have to dig further to find out that their real report is at Customer Care Dot Com.  I encourage everyone to do a charge-back, because it appears this is the only thing that can get them shut down, if enough people do it.  I believe they know human nature is to procrastinate and never get it done, and even if they have to return money, they make enough from those who don't bother-like me.

Rips Offs vs Testimonials

AUTHOR: Don Eros - (United States of America)

I've used netdetective.net for over 7 years and I have had NO problem that I would not have encountered on any other site of this nature.  Even a law-enforcement connected computer pulling records from NCIC we not get all the information from all sources.

I get specific information.  I've done test searches on family and friends.  I get results that go back for years.  Some criminal records but usually address, home ownership, date of birth > they even supply people who are likely relatives.

If you've ever had an outstanding warrant for parking tickets or failure to appear for music too loud - then you get blue-lighted one night > the cop runs your tag, your license, you sit and start to sweat but when he comes back and gives you a warning ticket for the burned out tag-light --- I will never see you post a complaint because you didn't get arrested.
      Please don't say you don't pay for that > your tax dollars do and so do mine.  Personally I'm glad you didn't get arrested.  NetDetective gets me as much information as any site I've tried - except for a site that required my private detective license do sign up as an agent of the court or judicial system.

Ask for your refund and you will get it.  Please, if you're bored go to the court house and see how much information you find.  Your pennance:  Think of 5 products or websites you like and post a comment telling somebody what you like.  Check out complaints about Waffle House and then see how crowded it is on Friday night.

Net detective is SCAM SCAM SCAM

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Fortunately, the many people who have posted complaints here know the truth about your company "net Detective" and all of us have been scammed.  What the employee says is likely true because it fits in with our experience with the company.  Please everyone, ask for chargebacks, and stick with it.  When I tried to chargeback, they said I had to wait for a period of time, but then I got busy at work and didn't get around too it.  I did file a complaint with the FCC and the Better Business Bureau, for which this company has a grade of F.

The refund is so unneccearily complicated that they know most of us won't follow through, and that was the case for me.  Thanks for leaving the tips ex-employee, I wish I had known that information years ago when I was scammed.

Ex-Employee mis-information

AUTHOR: Truth - (United States of America)

This is a rebuttal to the ex-employee's accusations on how we conduct our business and the misinformation he provided.

This is NOT a complaint from a consumer, but from a former employee that was terminated for cause.  The statements are not based on fact, but simply a disgruntled ex-employee seeking to cause harm.  The company has been in business since 1996 and provided service to almost 2 million customers.  We maintain live in-house customer service and can be reached at 800 553-9773.

How do you respond to inflammatory accusations from an ex-employee?  This forum is designed for consumers having issues with the organization and hopefully improvement will arise from those complaints, but to further ones own agenda denigrating the company he worked for simply because of a difficult economic environment is just hateful and spiteful.

The author claims that he is ashamed that he worked here.  His righteous indignation or shame didnt stop him from cashing his check every week, no shame when providing ideas for increasing revenue, no shame designing websites driving that revenue, no shame enjoying company bonuses when given, perhaps his moral outrage would like to refund those bonuses?

The following is fact:  We do offer a refund on the base product up to 90 days (there are no recurring charges for this particular product, and renders that accusation moot) after purchase with a requested (used as a product development tool) not required refund form in order to obtain a refund.  His claim that the consumer will forget and is lazy is an insult to all of us as consumers, perhaps his conduct reflected that behavior and thats why he no longer works for the organization.  All organizations experience their share of unhappy customers.  Its how you respond; you dont blame others but accept responsibility for your own action, we all can use some improvement in our lives, so as you can see there are two sides to every story.  For more info on our product, please go to www.standard.netdetective.net/login.php and read our Terms and Conditions and you be the judge.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hope this helps people

AUTHOR: hdp-insider - (United States of America)

As a former employee who was laid off by the company after many years of service only to be dumped on the curb like trash.  I should not be sruprised after the way we did business for so long, guess I had it coming and am literally ashamed of having been there.

Anyways, here is how you get your money back, plain and simple:

1.  When you call tell them you are going to call your credit card company and get a chargeback.  Funny thing is they are constantly in trouble with chargebacks and if they have to many in a month then they get fined by the credit card companies.  If their chargebacks are to high for a couple months in a row they can't accept credit cards at all any more and they go bye bye.

You mention a chargeback and the reps are almost certainly going to issue your refund.  When they tell you about the refund request form, tell them to issue your refund now or you will do a chargeback.  They have you fill out the form because they are banking on the fact that u r probably lazy and wont fill it out or will forget to send it in and they get another month of money from you!  If they don't do a refund then call your credit card company and do a chargeback.

Tell them you want the refund now, they can do it immediately, no matter what they say!

2.  If the chargeback thing doesn't work, tell them you will contact the Florida Attorney General.  They just settled with the FL Attorney General for deceptive practices and they are under their microscope bigtime, they don't want you to file a complaint.  They had to pay a big fine and if they get fined again for pulling this stuff they probably won't survive!  They had to lay almost everyone off because they dont have money anymore.

Most importantly, file a complaint with the attorney general of FL no matter what.  They will follow up on it and they will approach the company on your behalf.

Here is the link to the online complaint form:

They make money by charging you each month, the information in the product is old and rarely updated by the IT people who are completel idiots to.  People just forget they are paying for this and ignore the charge, thats all that is keeping them afloat.

They are barely alive as a company right now so if enough people talk to the AG and chargeback then they can go out of biz.  Yeah I'm mad at them but they are truly just after ur money and dont even try to make a good product, dont deserve to be in biz.

hide