Complaint Review: Healthy Back Institute

• Reported By: AZ Jack — Chandler Arizona
Healthy Back Institute
431 Pine St., Ste. 321 Burlington, Vermont USA

Healthy Back Institute Will not refund for returned product Burlington Vermont

I ordered a trial of the company's "Heal-n-soothe" product for my wife.  She was out of town and did not return for about 3 weeks after the order was placed.  The product was supposed to help with her back pain.  I wanted to allow her to use up the supply sent to us to give it a chance to work.  It did not provide any relief for her.

Before using up the supply, we received another package from the company.  I assumed it was more of the same product, but since I had not ordered any more I took it to the post office unopened and had it returned to sender.  I then phoned the company to explain and request a refund (they charged the credit card I used for the initial trial).

Before phoning them, I tried to use their web link to "create a support ticket."  That link does not work.  They have no email address, so the only way I could contact them is by phone.

The represntative I talked to was adamant that the company policy is to begin sending and charging for a new supply after 30 days unless the order is cancelled, and does not refund for any supply that has been mailed, even if it is returned.  To be fair, that policy is clearly stated on the website, but I feel that any business should be willing to refund for a purchase if the item is returned to them.  Legally, perhaps they do not have to refund my purchase price, but it seems to me to be poor business practice to refuse to refund a customer's money if we return the product unopened.

So I would warn others that if they order a trial of any of Healthy Back Institute's procucts, be sure to phone and cancel before the trial period ends if you do not want to pay for additional product.  Also we were disappointed that the product did not provide any help for my wife's back pain, but of course that does not necessarily mean it may not work for others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Healthy-Back-Institute/Burlington-Vermont-05401/Healthy-Back-Institute-Will-not-refund-for-returned-product-Burlington-Vermont-1096050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Healthy Back Institute