Complaint Review: hearthware inc

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: bonnie — greenville Alabama United States of America
hearthware inc
1755 butterfield road libertyville, Florida United States of America

hearthware inc i ordered their buy 1 get 1 free nuwave induction cooktops with pots and did not get free 1 or frying Libertyville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Hearthware/precision cooktop

*Consumer Comment: Bonnie from another customer

*UPDATE Employee: Backorder Help

On or about july 12 2012, I ordered a nuwave induction cooktop cookware and greenfrying pans.
this was a buy 1 get 1 free offer and  i ordered with my credit card and have been billed ,however I recieved one cooktop 2 pots . i did not get the buy 1 get one free offer nor did i receive green frying pans.
I received an infoice on 7/14/12 that my items have backordered. thats 3 months of waiting--why are they still selling them if they are backordeded
all the contact numbers are bogus recordings with never any one on the line.Bonnie Parker
Greenville alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hearthware-inc/libertyville-Florida-60048/hearthware-inc-i-ordered-their-buy-1-get-1-free-nuwave-induction-cooktops-with-pots-and-d-942814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hearthware inc

Hearthware/precision cooktop

AUTHOR: Wendy - (United States of America)

Hi, I had the same problem with this company.  We couldn't get our "free cooktop" or the items we paid for unless we paid an additional $46 s&h.  We paid $109 already and they only shipped part of the order and sent a letter that the rest was backordered.
We complained on a couple of ripoff websites and on FB page of NuWave cookware.  After that we complained to the IL State Atty Gen's Office and within one week we received an email that our items were shipped.  Hopefully we will receive these items.
My suggestion is to file a complaint online and see if you can get this cleared up.  Seems that company is notorious for this behavior.
Wish you the best of luck!
btw, if you are wronged, use your voice and tell them you won't stand for it.
Wendy Vey

Bonnie from another customer

AUTHOR: Jcar - (USA)

Bonnie: My husband ordered the precison cooktop. He was fuming when he didn't get what he thought he paid for. He couldnot remember whether he ordered on the web or the phone. I got the run around for three weeks. All I ask was an explanation of the invoice. What I got and didn't get was vague answers and of course you never talk to a live person just an email

The invoice we got was only a total amount. They didn't break down telling us how much shipping was charged for each.  And no they lied to you. He got two cooktops and one set called a package within a couple of weeks after he ordered that was in Aug. He thought he was getting two packages Apparently he only signed up to pay the shipping on one.

Let me explain to you what the story is as customer service will not. Maybe they should pay me to straighten out their mess. The buy one get one free offer you have to pay the shipping and handling fees. You pay $99.99 for the cooktop, $29.95 first one second one is $39.95. So if you have approved for the money to be taken out you would have paid a total of $169.80 just for the cooktops

Consider yourself fortunate. Some poor saps who put that they wanted to take payments out get to pay an additional $66.66 on to the fee plus the shipping. That was yesterday unless the company has changed it. Mistake are not maybe or maybe not. As I was going through the screens yesterday I noted that there was another discrepancy on the sceen to their advantage no less. Okay here is some more info. Each one of the so called  packages has shipping fees $69.95 for the first and $54.95 for the second. Also from what I have read no all pans. I have read in a different review that the pans don't work unless you can pass a magnet over them.

If my husband had done his homework he would have checked in the search engines and found that there were at least eight websites and well over 100 people who are saying the same thing. I have noticed that they are giving away more and more stuff with the orders. Trying to entice people after all the negative press. If you are a sales rep Here is a tip just do what you promise no trickery involved. I hope you did call the credit card company. You only have so many days to do that. Good luck you are not alone. Misery loves company I guess. Here is my last little tibbite. Nothing is for free and we have been told that for years by our families.

Backorder Help

AUTHOR: Hearthware Jeremy - (United States of America)

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I am the Social Media Coordinator for Hearthware, the makers of the NuWave PIC. I am terribly sorry to hear about your missing cooktop. I can assure you that we have resolved the backorder issue and we are in the process of fulfilling all customers backorders, so every customer that is waiting on backordered items should receive them in the coming weeks.

If you would like an update on the status of your order, please send an email with your order information to facebook@hearthware.com. I will forward your information along to our customer service managers, who can provide an update on your backordered items, which we will pass along to you. Thank you for your patience.