Complaint Review: Hearthware

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Marianne — Spanaway Washington United States of America
Hearthware
1755 N Butterfield Road Libertyville, Illinois United States of America

Hearthware NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Scammed a disabled widow with Multiple Sclerosis by sending only half the $66.00 order and charging $139.85 for Shipping and Handling!!! Libertyville, Illinois

I ordered a buy one get one free NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop for my mother and myself.  I have Multiple Sclerosis that causes shaking and unsteadiness along with diminished fingertip sensation.  I thought the cooktop would be helpful to me to prevent burns.

The order arrived late and only half came which was the buy one minus the get one free.  They charged me an outrageous $139.85 for shipping and handling for the order.

I called six times to customer service to fix this but the call always went to voice mail without any reply to my pleadings to hear back from them.  Today I let them know, again to the voice mail, that if I didn't hear from them that I would contact the Better Business Bureau and in my quest I discovered Ripoff Report.

I thank you for this opportunity to tell my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hearthware/Libertyville-Illinois-60048/Hearthware-NuWave-Precision-Induction-Cooktop-Scammed-a-disabled-widow-with-Multiple-Scle-936795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hearthware