Complaint Review: Heat Surge Amish Fireplaces - Arthur Middleton - World Reserve

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Heat Surge Amish Fireplaces - Arthur Middleton - World Reserve
8000 Freedom Avenue Canton, Ohio U.S.A.

Heat Surge Amish Fireplaces - Arthur Middleton - World Reserve Company advertised free amish fireplace, but when I called, I learned that the total was $307. They told me they would draft my account in monthly installments of $28, however, 24hr later, they had drafted my account for the entire $307. I elected to close my checking account!! Canton Ohio

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Heat Surge Scam

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Response to claim Heat Surge took $307 one-time payment rather than installments

I read the advertisement for a free amish fireplace,called the toll free number, stayed on hold for 45minuets and learned that it was not free, but $307. They informed me that they were more than willing to make take monthly installments of $28, however, within 24hours, they had deducted the entire $307 from my checking account. I elected to close my checking account!

James h
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heat-Surge-Amish-Fireplaces-Arthur-Middleton-World-Reserve/Canton-Ohio-44720/Heat-Surge-Amish-Fireplaces-Arthur-Middleton-World-Reserve-Company-advertised-free-a-444407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heat Surge Amish Fireplaces - Arthur Middleton - World Reserve

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Heat Surge Scam

AUTHOR: Deals-Xtreme - (United States of America)

The Original report is true. I was terminated from "Heat Surge" today because I refused to lie to people. The company that made the mantles for Heat Surge last year decided they could not deal with the false advertisements about free fireplaces. There is NOTHING free in this world...so get over it already, and stop crying about it if these kind of companies rip you off and put you on hold for hours at a time. They also sell to HSN. You know what that means? Let me enlighten you a bit...

How can an Amish community, and their young children, build THOUSANDS of fireplaces in a few days?...lol...they can't!  Most of the fireplaces get delivered without screws, and some do not even turn on! That's just for HSN customers. You, as a call in customer,  are last on the list. How do I know this?...I was on the phone LYING TO YOU!!!

So...now that you realize the truth, but still want an electric fireplace or portable infrared heater to help save on your gas heating bill, I can get you the ORIGINAL Amish made manle with the fireless flame insert. Yes, you will pay for it!, but no lies, and true one-by-one Amish Craftsmanship. You can email me at:(((ROR redacted))) . If you are just looking for a larger electric fireplace or portable infrared heater, then you can go to my new online store. I give free shipping! (((ROR redacted)))

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Bsmith1 - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-employee of Arthur Middleton Capital Holding's string of umbrella companies, including Heat Surge.. I can honestly say with full faith that this was no more than a simple mistake by the call center rep. you spoke with. Although their advertising methods are shaky at best, I in my experiences would never suggest that Heat Surge purposely removed the full $307 amount rather than do the installments of $28, a simple call to their customer service department could easily have resolved this problem.