Complaint Review: Heather Searle & Billy Mounce, Indian Springs Bernese Mt. Dogs

• Submitted: Tue, May 02, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:Bartlesville Oklahoma
Heather Searle & Billy Mounce, Indian Springs Bernese Mt. Dogs
5001 S. Poplar Broken Arrow, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Heather Searle & Billy Mounce, Indian Springs Bernese Mt. Dogs, ripoff Bad Breeding, Not willing to refund purchase price, Disconnected phone, Unprofessional. Broken Arrow Oklahoma

*UPDATE Employee: different address same game.

*Consumer Comment: puppy find

*Author of original report: Resolved

I purchased a Bernese Mt Dog from Heather Searle and received a written 1 yr health guarantee. At the age of 9 mo. the pup was diagnosed with ADVANCED hip dysplasia by 2 vets. I notifed Heather immediately of the diagnosis. She accused me of not taking care of the pup, i.e. the diet I fed the pup and its environment. She insisted on a PennHip test ($300.00), which I initially refused. The abnormality was so advanced that a PennHip test was not needed. I reluctantly agreed to it after Heather's insistance. The pup was taken to a specialty hospital for the test. The vet reported to me that one x-ray was taken and the test was canceled due to the advanced nature of the pups hip.

I contacted Heather with this information and told her I would send her all the reports and registration papers of the dog back. She informed me I needed to send it to the person on the dogs papers, of which I have never even talked to. So I did, and sent it certified mail, which was never picked up at the post office and was returned to me undelivered. Then when trying to call her about her partner, her phone is no longer in service.

Bottom line, I got a bad dog and she is unwilling to stand up to her health guarantee. She stated that I needed to return the dog to her and she would give me another one as per her health guarantee. That is NOT what her health guarantee states. It states to return the dog to her so she can take it to her vet for examination, not that I needed to surrender the dog to her. I offered to bring the pup to a neutral vet or a vet of her choosing, she told me her vet was in another state and refused to meet me.

So far, I have spent $600.00 for the pup, $300.00 in xrays and vet bills, $250.00 in medications for this pup and a pending $3500.00 for a hip replacement when this pup is old enough.

I have had this pup diagnosed by 2 vets and Heather seems to think she knows more than the vets. Go figure. My vet states in no uncertain terms this is bad breeding. I cannot tell you the heart break this breeder has caused, let alone the bad pups she is turning out and not bettering the breed. Buyer Beware.

Kathy
Bartlesville, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2006 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heather-Searle-Billy-Mounce-Indian-Springs-Bernese-Mt-Dogs/Broken-Arrow-Oklahoma-74011/Heather-Searle-Billy-Mounce-Indian-Springs-Bernese-Mt-Dogs-ripoff-Bad-Breeding-Not-w-189710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heather Searle & Billy Mounce, Indian Springs Bernese Mt. Dogs

different address same game.

AUTHOR: Dogue - (U.S.A.)

Heather Searle has changed her website to rockymountainbassets.com Her email address is dogpoor67@yahoo.com Beware buyers, puppy mill at large with several different breeds.

puppy find

AUTHOR: Kristie - (U.S.A.)

If you check puppyfind you will see that she has tons of pups for sale so that should tell you PUPPYMILL!!!!

Resolved

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

Heather Searle has refunded me the full purchase price of my puppy. This matter has been resolved.