Complaint Review: helpdesk4pc.com

• Reported By: grumpy frog — United States of America
helpdesk4pc.com
501 Silverside Road, Suite 105 Wilmington, Delaware United States of America

helpdesk4pc.com SCAM Wilmington, Delaware

Today I received a call from a guy who claimed himself to be from 'Windows Service Centre' and stated that I have problems in my computer. To be honest yes I have been facing troubles with my computer and thus I believed in what he was saying! He said my computer is affected by virus and my PC is going to crash!!! I became worried and asked him what i could do to prevent this, to save my computer from the loss. He asked me to go to a website www.ammyy.com and took access of my computer and showed me the so called 'virus', 'junk files' etc.

When I asked how would I clean these up, he asked me to purchase a package of $150, and I did!!!! Silly me! I purchased the package from my paypal account and they downloaded another website something called Team Viewer. And said the technician would work on my PC so I should leave it.

Yes, my PC was cleaned up and I am suspicious I have nothing left now!!! They have accessed all my files, folders and God knows what else!! They have got all my credit card details too!! Ah!

I have filed a case from my paypal account i.e. charge back and I will not be convinced anyway. I would request you not to be fooled like the way I was being fooled by this company! I wonder if they are calling me from Microsoft then why their domain names are different? Why not @Microsoft.com or something similar? Did you ever look at the paypal mail? I am going to read the mail once again with the details of my purchase, that one includes their original mail ID and I will post it here shortly after I get all the reuired details.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2011 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/helpdesk4pccom/Wilmington-Delaware-19809/helpdesk4pccom-SCAM-Wilmington-Delaware-803922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on helpdesk4pc.com