Complaint Review: Henry Ravelo ,Ravelo Artists Management

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 06, 2011

• Reported By:New York New York
Henry Ravelo ,Ravelo Artists Management
484 West 43rd Street Apt 10C New York, New York U.S.A.

Henry Ravelo ,Ravelo Artists Management, Pathetic 50 year old talent manager steals from his 22 year old talent New York New York

*Author of original report: I wrote the report

*Consumer Comment: Much Ado About Nothing

*Consumer Comment: My experience with Henry Ravelo, A Cautionary Tale...

*UPDATE Employee: Jennifer needs to stop building a case against herself

*Consumer Comment: ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO READERS OF THIS REPORT

*Consumer Comment: I DID SPEAK TO THE ACTOR!!! THATS HOW I KNEW WHO HENRY WAS!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Henry is my Manager

*Consumer Comment: REALLY?!

*Consumer Comment: Jennifer's lacking!

*Consumer Comment: i am a witness to this man's unprofessionalism

*Consumer Comment: Defamation is Against the Law - Part 2

*Consumer Comment: Defamation is Against the Law

*Consumer Comment: You be the Judge

*Consumer Comment: Stay Away From This Man!!!

* : Where's the rip off?

I have made numerous attempts over the past few months to get information regarding my payment for the modeling job in a Rockport ad performed back in June of 2007 that I booked MYSELF and allowed my ex-agent Henry Ravelo, who I used to freelance with, to represent me in this job.

According to the accounting manager of the production company dealing with that shoot the check was cut on September 17, 2007 and cashed/deposited by RAM/Henry Ravelo, (a talent agency representing me) on September 24, 2007 # 581367, Invoice #6374 never made its way to me.

I received various inconsistent responses from Henry Ravelo/RAM who claimed to have never received the check up to this date. In fact over the course of the last 6 months, Henry Ravelo assured me that he called the producers of the Rockport ad and said that "it must have gotten lost in the mail" and that "they (they producers of the ad) are checking with the bank to see if the ckeck was cashed". Every time I would call him to ask about my money, he would either get angry and tell me "I know what I told you, you have to wait" or tell me he is out of town or try to change the topic by trying to send me to some casting for an extra role (I do not do extra work).

These various excuses have been used by Henry Ravelo up until January 28, 2008. On January 28, 2008 Henry Ravelo admitted that the check was in fact received by him and that it was deposited in the name if his company RAM inc. in Septeber of 2007. A printed-out copy of a cell-phone text message "Yes. It was deposited in the company account." received from Henry Ravelo's phone serves as evidence of his knowledge and deliberate misrepresentation of the truth

Today, January 30 2008, Henry Ravelo still owes me, my payment for this job that I booked myself and allowed him to represent me for!!!!

It is so pathetic when so-called "talent managers" like Henry Ravelo turn out to be complete crooks and when they steel money from their own talent.

Stay away from this man, as he is a jealous old unaccomplished actor who envies anybody who has potential. He will not help your career.

Dan
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Henry-Ravelo-Ravelo-Artists-Management/New-York-New-York-10010/Henry-Ravelo-Ravelo-Artists-Management-Pathetic-50-year-old-talent-manager-steals-from-h-304749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Henry Ravelo ,Ravelo Artists Management

I wrote the report

AUTHOR: Daniel - ()

A few years ago I wrote this report.  The facts remain true.  I have realized however, there are bigger things in life than pouring disputes on the internet.  Life is too short.  I learned my lesson - if you don't agree with something, take it to court or let it go.

Everyone goes through tough situations at some points in their life and deserves at least a benefit of a doubt or a second chance no matter how bitter the situation.

I can't remove this report as part of the policy of this website but I would if I could a long time ago.  Live well and be happy.  I saw Henry at an event and gave him a hug.  I forgave him - I take it he did the same.  Onwards and upwards.

Much Ado About Nothing

AUTHOR: Gayle - (USA)

All this is about some nut named Jennifer who says she saw someone yelling at someone else? So she trashes him even though she doesnt know him?
   People who know him talk about the good things he does so she calls them stupid? And then says its OK because this is America.

She gives a list of things thats supposed to prove that hes mean. Things like Googling someone who gave her full name and says shes a lawyer and found out theres a lawyer with that name. Okayyyyyyyy.

Wheres the part that makes him mean again? Oh, thats right, she doesnt know him. She just saw someone yelling.  Isnt posting in all caps the equivalent to yelling? We all see that! The facts are right there. No one even had to make up accusations because she wrote it out herself. Does that mean we can trash Jennifer? Does that mean we should call her family stupid. Oh wait, thats wrong, isnt it.

My experience with Henry Ravelo, A Cautionary Tale...

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

I am an actor who made the unfortunate mistake of meeting with Henry Ravelo (as a favor to a friend of friend of a friend), and it was a horrible experience.  Not only was he unprofessional, but he was verbally abusive, and bordered on physically abusive when he kicked a table and chair across the room when I asked him normal questions about his business.  I've met with plenty of agents and managers, and I was simply asking typical questions you would ask of someone who might represent you in the entertainment industry.  When I asked him about his client list, he kicked a chair and table across the room. He insulted my resume and experience (which includes a recent series regular on a syndicated national network television series).  He had the audacity to tell me he couldn't tell if I was a good actor or not because I didn't have an Oscar yet.  I got the feeling he had deeper issues that happened to surface during my "meeting."  I tried to remain professional and leave politely... he started to scare me as he turned red, his eyes bulging out of his head, and he was slightly shaking at this point. He followed me out of the room, and continued to berate and insult me in the elevator and lobby in front of other people in the building.  I am in the public eye, and not only is this embarrassing, but I also wouldn't want anyone to know that I ever even met with Henry Ravelo. He is lucky only because if he had so much as laid a finger on me, I would have called the police immediately. Any person in their right mind would deem his behavior inappropriate.

Jennifer needs to stop building a case against herself

AUTHOR: Margaret - (USA)

Henry is a long established manager who works with many top agents. I am one of them.
   The only existing evidence of meanness and unprofessionalism can be found in Jennifers postings. Behind her anonymity, she out rightly calls actors she doesnt know, stupid and desperate for signing with him. She was notified that her actions were hurting the innocent and she responds by attacking them even more.
   This country does not allow anyone to harass others. That is against the law.
   Jennifer and Dan have obviously encountered negative experiences in this industry. But the problem is that they have inappropriately taken it out on people who have not actually inflicted any injury on them.
   Why not turn all that displaced anger towards something that could actually do some good. If Jennifer and Dan really want to help struggling actors, why not make a sizable donation to The Actors Fund of America. They are a wonderful organization that genuinely helps actors who are truly struggling. Whats the point of spreading the anger; spread the love.

ANOTHER SUGGESTION TO READERS OF THIS REPORT

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

A SUGGESTION TO READERS OF THIS RIP OFF REPORT - I ENCOURAGE YOU TO GOOGLE "SARAH KELLEN" LAWYER AND SEE IF YOU FIND WHAT I DID. IF THE "SARAH KELLEN" WHO IS SO VEHEMENTLY DEFENDING MR. RAVELO IS THE SAME I THINK IT WOULD ADD UP QUITE NICELY AND ATTEST TO THE KIND OF MAN HE PRESENTS HIMSELF IN PUBLIC TO BE. SHE CLAIMS HENRY DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO HER, BUT WHY WOULD SHE BE UP HERE AT ALL IF SHE DID NOT I WONDER? SHE CLAIMS HER "FATHER" WAS SO RUINED AND INNOCENT BY FALSE CLAIMS AND ACCUSATIONS. GOOGLE "SARAH KELLEN" LAWYER."SARAH KELLEN'S" ADAMANT DEFENSE OF MR. RAVELO, IN MY OPINION, CONFIRMS MY ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT THE KIND OF MAN HE WAS, BASED ON HIS OBSCENE BEHAVIOR. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. I ORIGINALLY WENT ON HERE BECAUSE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT POOR YOUNG VERY PROMISING ACTOR I DIDN'T WANT ANOTHER ACTOR TO WALK INTO OR AWAY FROM A SITUATION LIKE THE ONE I SAW AND THINK IT WAS TYPICAL, OK, OR NORMAL AT ALL. I NEVER INTENDED TO HARM ACTORS CAREERS BY SPEAKING THE TRUTH ABOUT VERBALLY ABUSIVE PUBLIC DISPLAYS AND I DO NOT THINK I HAVE BUT I DO THINK THE BEHAVIOR I SAW DOES AND THAT IS WHAT IS NOT RIGHT TO ME. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

I DID SPEAK TO THE ACTOR!!! THATS HOW I KNEW WHO HENRY WAS!!!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I DID SPEAK TO THE ACTOR AND THAT IS HOW I KNEW WHO HENRY RAVELLO WAS. WHY ASSUME AFTER MY STORY THAT I AM SOMEHOW WRONG AND THIS MEAN MAN IS RIGHT. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND SO SHOULD YOU. HE'S A BAD MAN AND I HAVE A RIGHT TO MY OPINION AND TO SPEAK MY MIND IN THIS COUNTRY. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BE STUPID OR DESPERATE ENOUGH TO SIGN WITH HIM THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM. I'M JUST SAYING WHAT I SAW AND HOW APPALLED I WAS BY HIM. I DID NOT JUST SIT BY. I TOOK THE ACTOR TO COFFEE AND CONNECTED THEM WITH A REFERRAL TO A REAL AGENT. NOT THAT IT'S ANYONE'S BUSINESS. AND MY NAME REALLY IS JENNIFER AND NO I WOULD NOT ALLOW CRAZIES LIKE HENRY RAVELLO OR YOU TO CONTACT ME SO NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION. WHO WOULD POST THAT ON THE INTERNET? AGAIN RIDICULOUS.

Henry is my Manager

AUTHOR: James - (USA)

One makes him out to be Bernie Madoff and another; Gordon Ramsey. He is hardly either one. Hes my neighbor and my manager.
   I am a well established actor with extensive credits but at my age, few in the industry are willing to give me a chance. Old people seem to be of no value to the young. But Henry gave me a chance. Thanks to him, I am able to continue acting. I am forever grateful.
   Our building has a number of high profile casting directors, agents, managers, directors, musicians and actors and many of these artists know and work Henry. Most of us live and work in the building and use the studios as needed. To imply that the use of the studios somehow diminishes his credibility is personally offensive to ME. I began living here when the buildings were first erected. The purpose is to make it convenient for us to do our work in an affordable manner.
   Henry has created successful careers for numerous actors; many of whom would have never gotten the opportunities they received if not for him. He is truly an invaluable commodity in the industry and I will fight anyone who claims otherwise.
   I am more than happy to supply evidence to support any of my statements. I will provide my personal information to anyone who can use it for good. But to Jennifer I say: Refrain from using your brand of justice to help me. I can take care of myself. Without knowledge of the facts or connection with any the actual persons involved, you printed public accusations that can indirectly destroy me and other actors. We financially rely on the work Henry Ravelo does for us. Letting you to damage our careers for your own aggrandizement is not something we are willing to tolerate.

REALLY?!

AUTHOR: Karyn - (USA)

This Jennifer saw someone being abused but instead of doing anything about it, she ran home to post something on the internet about her career and the use of studio space?

Henry lives next door to my God Mother. He looks in on her everyday to make sure shes doing well and even brings her food every now and then. One time, he even got her on a commercial. She got paid a lot of money and a car picked her up and everything. She only worked for a short time but its something she will cherish forever.

The benefits he has had on others; both personal and professional, are very real. They can be measured. People who dont really understand whats going on shouldnt talk about people they dont know. I know gossiping, computer hacking and cyber bullying are popular right now, but it's not right. There are laws against it because it causes harm; not just to the victim but also to their family and friends. It's not right.

Jennifer's lacking!

AUTHOR: Sarah Kellen - (USA)

If Jennifer was honestly concerned about the lack of professionalism she claims to have witnessed, why didnt she confront the issue with the people involved at the time it occurred? That way, she could've actually addressed the problem. Instead, she posted comments on the internet. This action is self serving since it helps no one but "Jennifer" herself.

Wise people do not make vital decisions based on comments on the internet.

She continues by making blind assumptions that I am somehow connected with "this man" simply because I defended the accused. I know the clear cut difference between what is right and what is wrong. I went into law because my fathers life was ruined by circumstance made to look like facts by ignorant people in the guise of helping the innocent. It was the innocent who ended up suffering most!

The fact that Jennifer took the time to mention her multiple years in the industry reveals her likely motive for her post. She doesn't know "Dan" and she doesn't know the facts about the event she says she witnessed in the lobby. What I LOVE about LAW is that you can't just make things up. You have to supply evidence. Actions speak louder than words and Jennifers actions do not support her claim. She, herself, supplies evidence of her motive and that is WRONG because it hurts the innocent.

Ironically, the fact that she welcomes a lawsuit will only make her prey to all those who want to profit from obvious flaws. If she were authentic, she might supply her contact info to facilitate a lawsuit. Her intent to defame is solid.

i am a witness to this man's unprofessionalism

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

I am the same Jennifer that wrote the rebuttal in support of dan's original posting. I am not afraid to say the city that I am from, which is new york. I wrote the original report because I witnessed with my own eyes standing in the lobby of my mothers apartment building this man berating an actor in the lobby yelling at them that they would never make it in this industry in the most disgusting way I have ever witnessed in my entire life. If anyone is a bully it is this man. In all of my years in this industry, which is multiple decades, I have never seen anything with my own eyes more abhorrent than the way this man treated this young actor. If this man doesn't want people saying that he is unprofessional he should stop behaving as such in public for the entire world to see. I lived in that building my entire life and my family still lives there and I can only imagine that most of the artists who live in that building would not appreciate or ever condone that kind of behavior toward a fellow performing artist no matter what his reasons may be. He operates his business out of his apartment and sees people in our communal studios downstairs which are supposed to be used for rehearsals. If he or you, who I am assuming is his lawyer or a friend who is studying law, wants to sue people because they say he's unprofessional when he berates actors in the lobby of a building that is filled with performing artists he should think twice before he behaves the way that he does publicly. I, of course, would be willing to testify to what I witnessed in a court of law . I have nothing to hide and I stand by my opinion that this man is not the kind of manager that young actors should ever sign with or work with. This opinion is based on his reputation and behavior that I have seen with my own eyes.

Defamation is Against the Law - Part 2

AUTHOR: Sarah Kellen - (USA)

Apparently, links are not allowed. You can search for the article mentioned above by typing in the following key words: deadline hollywood, Gersh theater agent goes AWOL again.

Then you can compare it to "Jennifer's" posting and see for yourself.

Defamation is Against the Law

AUTHOR: Sarah Kellen - (USA)

As a law student reviewing this claim, a few flaws quickly stand out.

The personal nature of Dans claim reveals more of an intent to harm than a serious attempt to collect funds. His claim seems to twist facts to create a scenario that suits his agenda. There are inconsistencies such as his implication that the accused is untrustworthy as his actions demonstrate his own trust and expectation for the payment to be made. Equally significant is the statement, I dont do extra work. In a court of law, Dan's actual work history would be presented; which, if it includes extra work, would destroy his credibility. Furthermore, he goes on to accuse the manager of being jealous and unaccomplished". Jealousy cannot be proven but the manager's accomplishments can easily be verified. Dan's entire claim seems to read more like a personal rant than an actual report on bad business practice.

The law of defamation protects a person's reputation and good name against communications that are false and derogatory. Libel consists of any defamation that can be seen, most typically in writing.

Jennifer takes extra precaution at hiding her identity by eliminating her city of origin as she spews more false accusations while masquerading as a protector of the innocent. A comparison to an authentic item on the tantrums of a high powered agent; listing detailed accounts from reliable eye witnesses, illuminates her intention to bully.(((ROR REDACTED))). (John is now the head of the Theatre Dept at WMA.)

No one makes it to the top without ruffling a few feathers. But defamatory statements intended to harm especially under the guise of protecting the innocent is wrong, dangerous and against the law.

"Cyberbullying involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behaviour by an individual or group, that is intended to harm others." - Bill Belsey

You be the Judge

AUTHOR: Network Executive - (United States of America)

If you have an opportunity to meet any of the hundreds of industry people or companies slandered on the internet, ask them to address the situation in question. This way, you can judge for yourself.

Otherwise, anonymous postings in cyberspace are probably not the best way to get guidance for your fledgling career. Those who have succeeded and those who are bound for success know to rely on their own instincts as well the insight of knowledgeable experts to guide their choices.

Short of that, you are taking a chance on getting suckered in by people who do NOT have your best interest in mind.

Stay Away From This Man!!!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

There is no manager more unprofessional than this one that I have ever heard of. He is dangerous. Stay away from him. He will not help your career in any way whatsoever. He gives bad advice, talks down to his clients, yells, screams, behaves completely unprofessionally in every way and has no idea what the entertainment industry entails. He has no connections worth having and can do nothing for any kind of talent he claims to represent. It seems to me the above rebuttal was written by him. Do not trust him. He's a bad guy!!!

#15

Where's the rip off?

AUTHOR: Augie - (USA)

This complaint doesn't make sense. It sounds more like a personal hissy fit than a professional grievance.

I'm a network producer. I know this company. They're very reputable and well respected in the industry. I've worked with Henry for years. He's well experienced in all areas of this industry. I turn to HIM for counseling on a number of vital issues. He is expert at taking new talent and developing them so they book the big bucks.

This report was filed by a kid who claims that the company ripped him off but states that he was notified when the check arrived and is clearly expecting to get paid. Where's the rip off? Yet he is anonymously making false allegations and personally attacking Henry all over the internet. Henry should sue.

An experienced professional actor would know that print work often takes up to 6 months to pay out.

I wish these kids would stop wacking off on the internet and forcing the rest of the world to watch. No one cares!