Complaint Review: Henry's Wrecking

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: T — Silver Spring Maryland
Henry's Wrecking
2661 Garfield Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20910 silver spring , Maryland USA

Henry's Wrecking Car Vultures - Take what is rightfully yours and charges YOU to get it back silver spring Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Confused...

It was a painful eye-opener to the scams that take place in the towing industry in Montgomery County.  I left my car in the Metro Plaza parking lot while i ran to the Metro Plaza - where i work - to pick up a schedule/data watch card from a colleague.  I returned 45 minutes later and my car was gone. Only Metro Plaza employees and visitors of Rite Aid, Einstein Brothers and Fed-EX Kinkos are allowed to park in the lot.  However, I do work at Metro Plaza.  I tried explaining that to the representative at the towing company.  She simply stated the tow truck driver had taken my car to their lot, several miles away, and that I could retrieve my car for the low, low rate of 130.00.  Wow! What a way to swoop in and clean someone out of a hundred bucks in less than an hour! I was appaulled at the situation.  It was below 30-degrees at 11:00pm at night.   The tow-truck driver must've been there lurking in the darkness waiting to strike.   So, within the hour...there I was stranded without a vehicle or money for taxi because Henry and crew needed extra jingle in their pocket.  GREAT!  I'm feeling sick to my stomach at the injustice that occured.    When i spoke to the representative on duty at Henry's that night and told her my story she was unrelenting. She later confessed, 'someone's got to be the bad guy...I guess that has to be us....I get cussed at all the time."  She even admitted "a lady once threw her coffee and breakfast at me, because we wouldn't give her car back".  Hmmm...someone's got to be the bad guy..? That's too bad that you're proud to take ownership of that, Ma'am.  I guess this woman has a conscience and knows that what is being done is wrong.  Henry and crew I hope and pray that some day you'll start doing good for the community instead of ripping people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Henrys-Wrecking-/silver-spring-Maryland-20910/Henrys-Wrecking-Car-Vultures-Take-what-is-rightfully-yours-and-charges-YOU-to-get-it-b-1106228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Henry's Wrecking

Confused...

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Why did it take you 45 minutes (at 11PM at night in the freezing cold) to just get a schedule from a colleague?

While it may not matter, how exactly did you find out your car was towed?  Most people would be freaking out thinking their car was stolen but all we have is you immediatly calling the tow company.

Just seems like there is quite a bit to this story that is missing,.

But in the end if you are telling the full story, this should be an easy fix.  Just get a statement from your employer stating you do work in that plaza and had a right to park there at that time.  You then can take them to small claims court for an illegal tow and try to get your money back.

bullets