Complaint Review: Here Comes The Bride

• Updated: Wed, November 13, 2013

• Reported By: Jamie — Blackwood New Jersey
Here Comes The Bride
272 New Road Somers Point, New Jersey USA

Here Comes The Bride - Owner Donna - Ignorant, Rude, Horrible Customer Service Somers Point New Jersey

I just recently had the WORST experience at this store & it was with the owner Donna. When I was fitted for my bridesmaid dress I was 4 months pregnant. I told Donna that I am usually a size 8-12 in gowns, depending on the make & that I was due to have my baby 8 weeks prior to the wedding & that I would need a bigger gown, a size 16 or 18. When I got the gown from my friend it was about 4 weeks prior to the wedding. When I tried it on it would not even come close to zipping. I looked at the size & it was a 14. I called immediately & spoke with Donna.

I asked her what size dress she ordered me & she looked at the paperwork which said a large. I asked "what does a large mean? Are we ordering tee shirts?" I asked for a new dress & was told by Donna without even taking a breath it was too late to order a new dress & that they would fix it by removing the zipper & adding a corset. Well the bride did not want that or that is the type of dress she would have picked out. I told her they ordered me the wrong size. Long story short she told me about recent girls who have come in after having a baby that fit fine in their dresses because they run & exercise.

I was appalled. I eventually had to take the dress to a tailor & was charged $120 on top of paying $175 for the dress. The fabric alone costed me $50 to add to the dress. I spoke with Donna several times & she told me I paid too much for alterations & that I told her to order me a size 14. She wouldn't even say "I am sorry" or anything. She put all of the blame on me. This woman is ignorant & I would NEVER EVER refer her to anyone. DO NOT go to her store

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2013 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Here-Comes-The-Bride/Somers-Point-New-Jersey-08244/Here-Comes-The-Bride-Owner-Donna-Ignorant-Rude-Horrible-Customer-Service-Somers-P-1099030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Here Comes The Bride