Complaint Review: Heritage Acceptance Corporation

• Updated: Sat, August 13, 2011

• Reported By: jxs1018 — Lexington Kentucky United States of America
Heritage Acceptance Corporation
Elkhart, Indiana Elkhart, Indiana United States of America

Heritage Acceptance Corporation Heritage Acceptance Very rude, and willing to rip you off and make your life miserable Elkhart, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: The BBB

*Author of original report: Yeah sure you work for them

*Consumer Comment: You

*Consumer Comment: Over nothing?

*Consumer Comment: Still Another Whiner

This company is a second chance bank that will get you a loan, no questions, but will make every detail and the rest of your loan term life miserable. I changed my cell phone number and didnt let them know, but when they called and it was disconnected they called everyone they could find related to me andmy employer seeking my new number when no one would give it to them. They charge triple the intrest rate on a car loan..best advice if you need a car avoid acceptance banks like this and just find a good buy here pay here car lot  my rep at heritage, his name is Toriano, he has harrased me, cussed at me when my payment was 3 days late (which is to be paid every two weeks but if i was rich i wouldnt be dealing with these people), cussed at my father who got hateful at Toriano for calling everyday several times when my dad would always tell him the same thing over and over...Janice is his supervisor, shes dumb and has zero respect when i somehow missed a payment because i ran out of mail in coupons to remit it before a new book was mailed to me that I had to end up calling three times to request---figure they want thier money they need to hold up and stay on top of the books..bottomline the BBB rates this company a "B" and i urge you to check this site and bbb.org and find a rebuilding bank that at least has an "A' rating...do yourself this favor....I'm telling you these people are nuts and will drive you crazy over nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2011 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Acceptance-Corporation/Elkhart-Indiana-/Heritage-Acceptance-Corporation-Heritage-Acceptance-Very-rude-and-willing-to-rip-you-off-763452. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Acceptance Corporation

The BBB

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You think so?  While I don't really like to tell people to "google" something.  Go ahead and google "BBB Pay for Play Scam" and see if you feel the same way after you read the numerous reports where the BBB was allowing merchants to pay for their rating.

- So what was their positive response?

Yeah sure you work for them

AUTHOR: jxs1018 - (United States of America)

Sadly because of the obama economy I have lost work in construction and at the time my car purchase was made I was being paid on tuesday and agreed to pay the note on tuesday as scheduled however with things getting worse in the economy, no ones doing anything in my state, unemployment is 14% in my county and sorry, a minimum wage job just doesnt pay everything on time mr rich pants.
Thus, I do work a new job, thank god above, and I get paid on fridays, causing me to pay on fridays, be 3 days late, and like most americans, live paycheck to paycheck...
satisified heritage insider? Oh and the BBB is one of the most reliable companies the US consumer has to turn to, and a grade of B, should raise flags to potiential consumers of heritage. As far as the extra billing they cause due to a delay in processing payments, they clearly violate the FCBA of 1975 and I have recieved positive response from the Kentucky AG office since I record my phone call about my payments to them :)

You

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

made them sweat.

Over nothing?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I'm telling you these people are nuts and will drive you crazy over nothing.
You change your contact information and don't tell them so they contact your references to find out your new information.   You are then 3 Days late and complain about them calling you about your payment.  That is not exactly nothing is it?

You are with a "Second Chance" bank as you call it because you need a second chance.  You made a legal agreement to pay them back at a certain time and for a certain amount.  Second Chance/Sub-Prime lenders are going to be more aggressive in collecting your payments because of your negative history.

It's easy to avoid this If you want to avoid this then make sure your payments are on-time EVERY TIME.  If you change your information make sure they have your new information.

As for the BBB without even getting into their entire "rating" system, you really think a "A" rated business is not going to be as aggressive?  If so you may be in for a bit of a shock.

Still Another Whiner

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You have a history of not paying your bills on time...that's why you had to use still another subprime lender. They are a loan company, not a bank. But here we are just like clockwork and living up to your reputation, you are STILL not paying on time. They tried to find you and your phone is disconnected. You bet they are going to start calling around to find you. That's why they require references. Where do you come up with this idea paying on time is optional? The payment is due on the due date as defined in the contract YOU SIGNED. Three days late is LATE. Why not learn to be responsible and pay your bills on time instead of continuing in your stinking subprime ways? It doesn't take being rich to pay your bills on time. If you don't have enough money coming in then get a weekend job. And no, I don't work for them.