functions

• Updated: Sun, January 02, 2011

• Reported By: Alex R. — Wixom Michigan United States of America
Heritage Internet Technologies
Provo, Utah United States of America

Heritage Internet Technologies H.I.T. Heritage Web Design web design scam fraud Provo, Utah

Just a warning to others. I called this company to design a new website for my company. They offered a great deal, and said that they would have a team get on my project right away.

I waited a few days, and didn't hear from them. Finally, when I did hear from them, the guy said they were still working on getting the team together, but wanted to know if I wanted to order business cards, t-shirts, etc. through them. I said I only wanted the site designed first, and suddenly had a bad feeling about them.

After a few weeks of no progress, I tried to call the salesman back who took my order. He was no longer with the company. I spoke to someone else finally about getting a refund (after many tries and being given the runaround.) They said they could only refund a fraction of my original cost, as per their 54-page long user agreement. But I said they didn't do ANYTHING for me, no work at all. Didn't matter, and the woman I spoke too said they still had to have my partial refund "approved" by their board. I called back many times, but only once was able to talk again to that same woman.

After feeling very bad for being taken advantage of, only then did I Google their business name + scam to hear that many people had this same experience with them.

Fortunately, I placed the order through my AMEX Business card. They disputed the charges, and after some months of not hearing from them, the charges were dismissed. SO GLAD I used my AMEX!!!! If I would have sent them a check, my money would have been gone.

Bottom line: Heritage Internet Technologies is a scam company, and pursue a fraudulent business practice. DO NOT EVER hire them to do ANY work for you...your money will be gone...as will your patience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2011 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Internet-Technologies/Provo-Utah-/Heritage-Internet-Technologies-HIT-Heritage-Web-Design-web-design-scam-fraud-Provo-Uta-677736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Internet Technologies