Complaint Review: Heritage Web Design

• Submitted: Wed, November 17, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 17, 2010

• Reported By: Learned an expensive lesson — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Heritage Web Design
Provo, Utah United States of America

Heritage Web Design Don't get a web site designed by these guys Provo, Utah

Chose Heritage to design a 5 page website for my small business.  The sales woman was very nice and helpful, answered questions I felt I needed to know and she showed me the in-house web designer tool I'll be using to further develop my site.  It all seemed good at the time, each dept was quick in getting their parts done, and in the end was constantly pushing me to go live and could pay many months of web hosting in advance for a discount if I bought today. I am now paying $20/mth for hosting.

At this point, my confidence in the quality and functionality of my small business site is very low.  I was willing to spend money to have someone develop a quality business website to save me some headaches in figuring it out myself.  I'm now spending more time correcting coding on here than developing my business.  I've spent enough money on this site already and not paying them any more. Plus I've learned I can get much cheaper hosting with more services Heritage provides.

Well, hindsight and more experience shows me their speedy procedures should have been huge red flags, and now that I've been working with my site for a couple months, I'm always correcting their coding (or risk have them do anything for $30 charges).  The coding seems very disorganized and broken compared to more professional looking sites I've viewed, making visually appealling corrections impossible in some cases.  There's been 3 instances where I'd check the site and some pages were all scrambled up, and one time my entire site was gone.  I'd call and ask what happened, they never could figure out the problem, and, of course, they would happily reload for $30.  Now I've started to run out of my 5GB of disk space and they'll happily upgrade it to 7GB for another $5 per month.
Okay...I'm done with them.

So, I've learned an expensive lesson with Heritage - they're just a website factory interested in churning out the numbers.  I"m currently collecting bids for a re-design in Wordpress format with freelancers or non-corporate people who aren't under monthly quota pressures.  And my hosting will be with one of these popular hosts with unlimited disk space, more cPanel tools, no in-house web designer tools, and don't claim to do SEO for you each month b/c I've learned that's a bogus charge since I've done all that myself upfront.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2010 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Heritage-Web-Design/Provo-Utah-/Heritage-Web-Design-Dont-get-a-web-site-designed-by-these-guys-Provo-Utah-663010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Heritage Web Design