Complaint Review: Herman Street

• Updated: Thu, September 12, 2013

• Reported By: cb2000 — Norco California
Herman Street
2425 Lincoln Ave Ogden, Utah USA

Herman Street www.HermanStreet.com refused to refund or help in any way other than telling me I had to jailbreak my iphone Ogden Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: You "forgot" to read this on their order page...

Lesson learned...

Will NEVER do online shopping again before reading the Ripoff Report on that company...now I can see that it isn't only me that had a problem with this company.  They have complaint after complaint and most of it about standing behind the products they sell, which is the exact problem I had.

I bought a program called Phone Sheriff for my children's phones so I could monitor WHO they talk to and when.  When I went to install on our iphones, I realized that in order for the program to work, the iphones had to be jailbroken (which voids the phones warranty).  Of course I read all the product specs on www.HermanStreet.com about this program and it mentions nothing whatsoever about the iphones requirement to be jailbroken.

When I tried to get a refund for the program that I never downloaded, I was given nothing but the run around.

I hope I am able to save someone else from getting ripped off...stay away from this company!!!

Now I am off to try and get these charges reversed :/

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Herman-Street/Ogden-Utah-84401/Herman-Street-wwwHermanStreetcom-refused-to-refund-or-help-in-any-way-other-than-tellin-1084065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Herman Street

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You "forgot" to read this on their order page...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"I read all the product specs on www.HermanStreet.com about this program and it mentions nothing whatsoever about the iphones requirement to be jailbroken"

It's prominently displayed under the "compatible devices tab...

Compatibility

• Review

Compatible Devices:

• Android
  • Android Tablet
  • BlackBerry
  • iPhone (Version 6.1.3 & 6.1.4 are not compatible)
  • iPads (Version 6.1.3 & 6.1.4 are not compatible)
  • Symbian OS or Windows Mobile smartphone

• T-Mobile
  • Verizon
  • and most others

Jailbreaking

Any cell phone monitoring software requires iPhones and iPads to be jailbroken in order to be used. Jailbreaking is completely legal and risk free, everything that works before you jailbreak will work after as well. Jailbreaking can void your warranty, however by simply restoring your device in iTunes the iPhone or iPad will be back to its original factory state.

Perhaps you weren't really Ripped off.