Complaint Review: hertz car rental phoenix airport

• Submitted: Wed, February 19, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: larry — olivette Missouri
hertz car rental phoenix airport
phoenix airport rental counter phoenix, Arizona USA

hertz car rental phoenix airport insurance charges agent added rental insurance which I did not agree to phoenix Arizona

I rented an SUV through hotwire.com which offered me insurance for 9.99 a day which I declined and which I always decline. The agent at the rental counter in Phoenix tried to sell me insurance and I declined then did not offer me a choice to return the car full as one of my choices so I agreed to prepay for gas and return it empty. I signed a contract which did not require initials for all my choices and did not notice any choice for insurance. When I returned the car the I was charged $30 a day or $120 extra for insurance.

I have asked hertz to remove it and am in the process of filing a complaint about the rental agent. My copy of the contract was folded into six folds and the charges were not on top. I hope others who have been so blatantly ripped off by Hertz come forward to address this scam. My mistake was that I did not show more suspicioon of this very unprofessional counter agent and make sure he was not slipping insurance in against my will. It will never happen again. I was very tired after a long flight with three children and luggage and was totally taken advantage of by an unscrupulous employee. I have rented cars over a hundred times and have never been so egregiously hosed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hertz-car-rental-phoenix-airport/phoenix-Arizona/hertz-car-rental-phoenix-airport-insurance-charges-agent-added-rental-insurance-which-I-d-1124793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hertz car rental phoenix airport