Complaint Review: Hertz Car Rental

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: Sick of Foolish People — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
Hertz Car Rental
Montgomery Hwy Hoover, Alabama United States of America

Hertz Car Rental Rude and dishonest response to an inquiry about military discounts Hoover, Alabama

*Author of original report: Why would you not believe this report?

*Consumer Comment: Sorry

*Consumer Comment: ok

*Consumer Comment: Missing info

Earlier today I was calling around to different car rental places trying to get some prices for a rental SUV for vacation. I always ask about their military discount. (In the past we have been fortunate enough to get a substantial military discount because of Steve's service.) Each place I called today offered a discount and a very nice, "Thanks for your family's service," except for one: Hertz on Montgomery Hwy in Hoover, AL.

Now, I never feel that we are entitled to a discount, in any instance, and it is OK if a business doesn't offer one. But when I inquired at Hertz, I was told by a young woman (who asked her manager about it) that if I wanted to say that we
were "military," that they would "charge a surcharge of an extra $5 a day for the rental so that it would cost us more!" I could hear her ask the question, and I heard his rudely toned response, so she wasn't making this up.
She sounded as confused as I was! I am totally shocked and hurt by this, especially to find out that the truth is that they offer a discount to USAA militaryfamilies on the USAA website. What a disappointment!!! Obviously we didnt rent
from this Hertz, and never will!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2012 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Car-Rental/Hoover-Alabama-/Hertz-Car-Rental-Rude-and-dishonest-response-to-an-inquiry-about-military-discounts-Hoove-887170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Car Rental

Why would you not believe this report?

AUTHOR: Sick of Foolish People - (United States of America)

Why would you not believe this report? Have you any reason to doubt the account of a sane and reasonable person who travels a lot with her family due to her husband's active military job? Maybe you are just trying to cause a ruckus, but trust me, the account is absolutely TRUE as it as written. As a matter of fact, I have filed a complaint with Hertz that is under investigation at this time. Do you really think I would go to all this trouble if it were not true? Oh well, it doesn't really matter if YOU believe it or not. You have no basis for the comment other than your opinion, and that is fine, but just because YOU don't think it could happen, doesn't mean that it didn't.

Sorry

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I don't believe this report as written.

ok

AUTHOR: KIM - (U.S.A.)

Hertz provides rates and benefits for military and government official and personal travel at all participating locations. The
official government benefits are:

No additional charge for under age drivers 18 and above
No additional charge for additional drivers
Unlimited mileage
LDW included
Liability included
Space available upgrades
Complimentary membership in Hertz Gold Plus RewardsTM.  Please call the Government Sales Office at 703-683-9273 for more details.
Discounted Rates

Missing info

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You forgot to tell us how much you were ripped off by Hertz on Montgomery Hwy.