Complaint Review: Hertz Rent a Car

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: Pissed off Customer — Hemet California
Hertz Rent a Car
300 Carriage Cir Hemet, California USA

Hertz Rent a Car Rude, Customer service Horrible, Useless people....Possible Identity Theft Hemet California

*Consumer Comment: Really? A gun?

*Author of original report: Hertz Rental-Hemet California 92545

*Consumer Comment: All this because YOU made a mistake?

First off, I walked in the office, people were sitting on top of the desk, one person was on her cell phone. Completely ignored me until I asked for help. The car itself was fine. When I returned the car I had left my W2 and 1099 and my Birth certificate in the glove box. I called the very next day when I realized this and they were closed(Sunday) Called monday and explained I left the document in the glove box and the gentleman that answered the phone said and I quote "Oh I cant help you" I said what do you mean,  he laughs says "that car is at san diego airport." Okay so dont you check the cars before you rent them out? "haha not the glove box thats what your suppose to do when you return it." Really okay so I made a mistake and left finanical documents that can result in identity theft can you please help me. "Sorry thats not my job, you can call corporate and ask them to help" He then puts me on hold several times....I finally hang up and call corporate. The Customer service agent answer tells me that it was a misscommunication and she emailed his manager about it. Its been 5 days since I dropped it off and now 3 days since she supposedly emailed them. Still NOTHING. I cant file my taxes I have to now request all my information back from the companies I worked for and wait for them to get mailed out and I have to go get a new birth certificate while my PERSONAL information is out there so someone can steal it. Not one person went out of there way to help me. They can care less about there customers.

Just think for a second, what if someone left a gun in the glove box and they rented that car out without checking the glove box "because thats not their job" and a little kid got a hold of it and hurt himself. who would be liable??? Once they regain possession of that Vehicle it becomes their responsibility.

Don RENT from these guys, look at all there horrible reviews online, the company obviously doesnt care about their reputation at all

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz-Rent-a-Car/Hemet-California-92545/Hertz-Rent-a-Car-Rude-Customer-service-Horrible-Useless-peoplePossible-Identity-The-1124847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz Rent a Car

Really? A gun?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Is it a bummer that you left these things in..you bet.  Are you trying to find anyone else to blame for this other than yourself..yep.  Would it be nice if they were able to get them back to you..of course.  Are they responsible for them being lost if you never do...not in the least.

I am not here to defend their actions or say that they are wrong.  As we are only getting a single side to the story..your's and yes that is going to be skewed in your favor.  Oh and I am sure you are saying they can put their side here..well here is the thing on that...most professional companies won't get into a "he said/she said" dispute over some public web site.

I am actually at a loss why not only did you have these in a glove box, but you failed to remember that they were in there.

As for them checking the documents.  Let's put out a hypothetical since you like them so much.  Say that they did see papers in the glove box.  These people don't have time to read every paper and make a determination if it is "important", after all if a customer left it, then it must be worthless.  They get paid to clean.  So there is just about as much of a chance of your documents getting tossed, and no matter how many calls you make or e-mails you send you aren't getting them back.

Oh and no I do not work for them or any other car rental company.

Hertz Rental-Hemet California 92545

AUTHOR: House - ()

That how you respond? Just basically proves my case and point. Thank you for your help

All this because YOU made a mistake?

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

You set yourself up for failure.  Sorry for your problem, but it was irresponsible.

"Just think for a second, what if someone left a gun in the glove box and they rented that car out without checking the glove box "because thats not their job" and a little kid got a hold of it and hurt himself. who would be liable??? Once they regain possession of that Vehicle it becomes their responsibility"

What if somebody left a nuclear device in the trunk and they missed it?   Boy, are they careless.