Complaint Review: hertz rental cars

• Updated: Mon, November 04, 2013

• Reported By: shannon — Arkansas
hertz rental cars
DFW Airport dallas/ft.worth, Texas USA

hertz rental cars fuel charge ripoff dallas/ft.worth Texas

I rented a car at the DFW airport, from hertz rentals, i was only using it for a few short hours, on checking out,the clerk stated that the fuel charge from hertz would be $3.80, i asked if I would be charged for ONLY fuel USED, and she said "Yes absolutely!", since i would only be driving a short distance and returning the car in a couple of hours I didn't stop to fuel outside the airport upon return. checking the car in, i was charged $24.70, $9.78 a GALLON!! I drove the car 53 miles, i asked the checkin clerk what the deal was, he shrugged and showed me buried in their paper work it stated that I opted for the purchase of a full tank of gas, NO I DID NOT AGREE TO THAT!!!

I was told that the fuel was charged for fuel used, and it was posted in the window of the kiask outgoing fuel was $3.80 per gallon. Since I was continuing my travels and needed to catch my next flight I had no time to argue. I contacted Hertz on my return home, and never recieved ANY reply, as a gold member I found this tactic VERY misleading, and cancelled my rental with them at my final destination.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hertz-rental-cars/dallasftworth-Texas/hertz-rental-cars-fuel-charge-ripoff-dallasftworth-Texas-1096831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hertz rental cars