Complaint Review: Hertz

• Reported By: Chris — Colorado Springs Colorado
Hertz
7135 Gilespie St Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Hertz snuck in upgrade after declining Las Vegas Nevada

Bought a Hertz rental on Priceline for Las Vegas 3/23/14-3/29/14. I completed the reservation via their video chat. I accepted the fuel purchase option, but declined the upgrade. Certainly wasn't interested in more than doubling my rate for a 1-class upgrade.

We had 3 children with us and in a hurry didn't look at the contract. Come a couple weeks later and we get the credit card bill and notice a large Hertz charge. Knowing it was incorrect, I looked up the receipt on their site and see the $180 upgrade charge.

I called their "customer service" line and they claim it is a valid charge and nothing will be done. They are intentionally sneaking in these upgrades on customers and should be ashamed. I was also told they do not record those video interacctions so it's just a customer's word against them.

Make sure you read the contract before signing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hertz/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89119/Hertz-snuck-in-upgrade-after-declining-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1144424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hertz