Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard - Tech Support

• Updated: Fri, December 30, 2011

• Reported By: gammy — orlando Florida United States of America
Hewlett Packard - Tech Support
3000 Hanover St. Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard - Tech Support HP Tech Support Broke My Computer Twice & Refuse To Take Responsibility Palo Alto, California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: HP IDIOTS

*Consumer Comment: USB

I called HP Tech Support twice in the 17 months I owned my top. The first time was while I was setting it up as a brand new computer. And let me just say that the Tech Support is in India and they cannot speak English that any American could understand.  So all these actions I had to take were very difficult for me.

The First female Tech Support person actually managed to erase all my drives and when she  realized what she had done, she hung on me. My computer was only 2  weeks old at that time.  I called corporate and they sent me back to the store  to get a new computer. The 2nd time was in November, 2011.  I called Tech Support because my laptop was acting up.  But I could use it.  Just a little frustrating.  The tech support guy said I needed a new USB Flash Drive to re-install my Operating System which cost $43.42.  I glady ordered it, not realizing it was scam to get me to order a new computer.  When it arrived, I installed it and when the installation ended, I got messages saying my computer could not be restarted.  That was the death of my computer.  I called Tech Support again, and the man I spoke to wanted me to buy a new computer!!  I finally called and got a case manager who sent me out another USB drive but my computer woud not restart at the end.  When I called the case manager to let him know it did not work, he basically said if I want to send it in to be fixed I could for $160+++, or we are done!  NEVERMIND THEIR USB DRIVE KILLED MY COMPUTER.....I ACTUALLY PAID $43.42 FOR THE ABUSE.  The right thing for them to do is either replace my computer or fix it at no charge.  Really a SCAM COMPANY.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard-Tech-Support/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-Tech-Support-HP-Tech-Support-Broke-My-Computer-Twice-Refuse-To-Take-R-815553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard - Tech Support

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

HP IDIOTS

AUTHOR: Loretta - (USA)

Same thing here they killed my mother board wanted me to buy new puter warranty ran out .. I have owned HPS before.. will never buy another...

USB

AUTHOR: Loretta - (USA)

Your soooo right my computer said I had a USB failure and to remove usb. I got a black screen .. I called their support and she had me unplug and replug different wires.. IT destroyed my mother board. They sent me a box to send to them and sent it right back saying I had an infestation of BUG!!!! Which I did not they voided my warranty and no one will call me back any more... My warranty will officially run out Jan 3 2011.. So I am screwed. I filed a ripoff report several days ago... Good luck...