Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Wed, February 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, February 03, 2010

• Reported By: Vicky — Kentucky U.S.A.
Hewlett Packard
Internet, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard Product Support is Incompetent Internet, California

Several years ago, I purchased an HP 5510 Office Jet, a four function all-in-one printer.  A recent update changed the functionality of scanning software.  I contacted customer service via email, as their website didn't give me another option.  The reponse to my question was to blame the change on some other non-existent software that I do not own.

I sent this email back with further clarification, and I received instructions on how to update the software.  DUH, if I hadn't already updated my software, I wouldn't have had a customer service issue.

Rather than staying in an endless loop, I purchased an Epson all-in-one, whose software functions much better than HP's.  I sent a reponse that I refused to keep communicating with customer support that refuses to be responsive to customer issues, I purchased another brand.

The final email from HP was a classic - "We are pleased that your issue is resolved.  However, this would not have happened without the actions on your part."

Do not expect HP to value its customers or customer loyalty.  This was my first issue with an HP product.  I was an HP customer for almost 20 years, almost!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2010 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Internet-California-/Hewlett-Packard-Product-Support-is-Incompetent-Internet-California-563993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard