Complaint Review: hewlett packard

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2012

• Reported By: linda — buffalo New York United States of America
hewlett packard

hewlett packard contacted hp.com last night. got a man from india, whom i couldn't get to solve my probs. then after he took control of my pc he tried selling me a softwear program to fix the prob! told him i can't hp.com, Internet

*Consumer Comment: How you doing Ashlee????

*Consumer Comment: It seems that you were being had

i emailed hp last night and was told to call phone number. which i did. spoke to a man from india, whom i couldn't understand well. i told him what was wrong with my laptop and he had me do a few things. next thing i know is he took over my pc completely! he changed all my stuff around, like my home page, my icons, everything! after he "ran" scans for me. he told me my pc was so beyond repair i had to buy this hp softwear to fix computer! told him i did not have money. he then asked for my creditcard no anyway. told him its a preloaded card and theres no money on it but he ran it through anyway! then he was upset that i had no funds on card! i told him i was hanging up and not only did he call me back, he was messaging me on my own lp to answer my phone or answer him via computer! i tried printing this but he blocked me! i tried shutting down lp but he wouldn't let me! finally i had to unplug my laptop. i got on this morning and have had nothing but problems! i want this fixed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2012 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hewlett-packard/internet/hewlett-packard-contacted-hpcom-last-night-got-a-man-from-india-whom-i-couldnt-get-to-910490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hewlett packard

How you doing Ashlee????

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Changing names won't hide the fact of who is posting.

It seems that you were being had

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to tell you that you need a real professional help with your computer now. The person on the other line has already changed certain configurations that at your level is incomprehensible. I would suggestion you to take your laptop to a local tech whom you can trust (not Best Buy guys) or a friend of yours. This is a scam which is running all over the place.

An example is on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb69H7l0vJA - and this is a really good example. The person who posted the video is a professional in real life (security researcher). He was contacted by an anti-virus software company trying to sell him their software, but instead the guy was messing around with his computer configurations and attempted to screw up the computer. If you know nothing about computer configurations, you would fall into his trap. However, the computer not only is going to still be broken at the end, but also the software they are selling is a junk (which can't fix any computer).

When you need your computer (not a proprietary program installed in your computer) to be fixed, please look for a real "person" to meed up with. Do not use any ONLINE support fort his type of issue because 1)they are likely to be a scam, 2)online support cannot fix the problem in most cases, and 3)they could screw up your computer and you won't know. Most people who seek out a solution for this type of issue are likely to know very little about computer, so they attempt to sell their junk software while they are messing around with the people's computer. That's why their commercials/ads look very promising for these people. Real tech people would know the icing on the cake they added.