Complaint Review: Hewlett Packard

• Reported By: Scott F — Fleming Island Florida
Hewlett Packard
3000 Hanover Street Palo Alto, California United States of America

Hewlett Packard HP Rebate Ripoff Palo Alto, California

In 2011, I bought a HP 630 laptop computer. I was told that I would get a $50 dollar rebate after I mailed it to HP. I sent it in exactly as they specified, and I waited for 4 weeks. Nothing. I called, and they said they never received it. I told them I sent it in exactly as specified. I read them the address and instructions. They said give it another few weeks, so I did. I called back they said they didn't receive it. I began to suspect the runaround, so I did a search on Google, and I saw several such complaints. I called again, and they said the same thing. I asked them how they could lie to me about this, and they said they didn't. I know they did, and it was my first bad experience with this company.

I bought a Toshiba computer that went bad, so I thought HP would be a good brand. After I got my computer, I started having thermal shutdowns for no reason. I work in computers, and my temperature was 33C, and I was not doing anything intensive. I also read many posts related to this on their own site. They have never responded or offered a fix for this problem, so I am not surprised that they lied about never receiving my rebate. I would recommend that people don't buy anything from this company. They give mail in rebates to get you to buy their computers, and then they conveniently toss them in the trash and lie about it. Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hewlett-Packard/Palo-Alto-California-94304-1185/Hewlett-Packard-HP-Rebate-Ripoff-Palo-Alto-California-1042616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hewlett Packard