Be warned this is lengthy and complicated! This posting is similar to Gary l.
Bloomfield, New Mexico posting on 3/12/2008.
We refinanced our home in 2005 at the same time we got a consolidation loan. So we have one mortgage and one personel loan. We opted for EZ pay. They take out the mortgage payment and the personel loan automatically out of our accounts. We opted for weekly payments. This went well until 9/17/2007. Our income had changed. We needed to go from weekly payment to bi-weekly. I also wanted to change accounts because the way our money was coming in it was puting us in the hole every week. This would give us time to straighten the account out.
So I contacted my local office in Somerset Ky. I spoke to Adam. He tells me to send in a voided check of the new account. He would stop payment for the next billing cycle. We where ahead on our payments.
All things go as planned no money is taken from my account on the next billing cycle. Then on the following billing cycle they hit the old account sending me DEEP in the hole. All problems stemmed from this event. I would also like to note that they added insurance to my loan without informing me. Any way below is the fax I sent them with all the details of what they are doing.
I am faxing this to you because I have been unable to speak with you on the phone since last we talked in January. Im sending you a timeline of events that has taken place since September of 2007.
1. On September 17, 2007 I called the Somerset office to have my weekly payments (on both accounts) changed to bi-weekly. I also wanted to change the bank account from which the money was withdrawn. I also faxed in a voided check on that date.
2. When the time came for the money to be withdrawn (this is now in October) the payment wasnt taken. It was taken from the account I was closing i.e. no money in it. I called again to your office and this was corrected. I was also told that I was ahead on my payments and that they would take the money out the following billing cycle.
3. The amount withdrawn was $805.00 and this was consistently drawn out up until now. I believed that this payment was being applied to both loans. I also believed that this was the correct amount because my mortgage over time will decrease so I saw nothing amiss.
4. Sometime in mid January we start receiving calls from a toll free number from six to ten times a day. I called the number back. It was your collections department. They stated that we where behind on our house payments. They also requested that we fax them our bank statements to verify we had paid. I didnt trust that so I called your office and spoke to you.
5. When we spoke you explained that a mistake had been made. The money for the personal loan was being applied to the mortgage. The mortgage wasnt behind but paid up until March. However nothing had been applied to the personal loan. The personal loan when I first called in September was at 7534.91 when I talked to you the loan amount was now up to 7985.24.
6. To straighten this out you stated that you would stop payment on the end of month (January) mortgage payment. I was to send you a check for the amount of the personal loan the Friday before the payment comes out. Then on the sixteenth of February both the personal and mortgage payments would be removed. I asked you about the interest and penalties on the personal loan and you stated that there was a form that you could send in and have that removed since the problem was on your end.
7. I called your office several times before February each time you had just stepped out, on lunch or unavailable. The reason for the call was to tell you I wont is able to send you a check until we are paid which is on the 31st of January. I will send the you the check this week February 10 thru 16 to make the personal loan payment.
8. The other problem! I asked you how much money should I put In the account to be withdrawn on the sixteenth of February I understood you to say that the mortgage payment would be 743 plus the personal loan of 262.23 for a total of 1005.23. This is far above the original loan agreement. I really need you to call me to confirm that this is the correct amount you want me to pay on the sixteenth of February.
9. I am still not sure how much to put in the account unless you meant both loans combined would be 743. If this were so I would still need to know how you came to either amount.
10. I know that you want to resolve this as much as I do. I look forward to hearing from you this week. If I dont hear from you by the fourteenth of February I will assume we will have to get a third party involved to straighten this mess out.
Beneficial Kentucky Inc - 2835 S.Hwy 27 suite 286b Somerset Ky 42501
1-859-226-0643 Lexington ky/ Somerset # 1-606-679-4404
Follow up as of March 31, 2008
On February 14th 2008 I went to the Somerset office to straighten out the problems with the personal loan. I talked with Dan the branch manager. We conference in customer service. They agreed to restructure the personal loan and put all past due payments at the back end of the loan. Dan also told me that there was a form he could fill out that would remove the interest and penalties from the loan.
Concerning the mortgage payment Dan explained that I was paid up until March 31, 2008 I would not need to make a payment until then. I ask to have the EZ pay ended I would call and have that restarted when things got straighten out On February 20th 2008 My account was debited 805 dollars to date this money hasnt been applied to my loan or has it been refunded back to me.
It is now April. I am still being harrased by there collections department. They still say that the loan hasnt been reworked.
I would really like to get these guys. Willing to help any way I cant to get them.
Thanks for your patience
U.S.A. Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Beneficial aka Household Finance