Complaint Review: HGTV magazine

• Updated: Thu, August 07, 2014

• Reported By: Mardi S. — Mason City Iowa
HGTV magazine
Po. Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa USA

HGTV magazine sent final notice for payment on magazine I didn't order or request Harlan Iowa

I was sent a final notice for payment for a subscription to HGTV magazine.  I had no idea what this was for as I didn't remember ever ordering the magazine.  I did, however, enter the sweepstakes on HGTV's website and I believe that is where I was initially put on their magazine list.

There was no contact number or any information to contact their service department which was odd.  I went online and typed in HGTV magazine rip off and a site came up with the 800 number (800-888-2665) and multiple people with complaints this had happened to them.

I will not pay these charges for something I didn't order.  I called the number I located on the site for rip offs listed above and the representative first offered to drop the fee from $18.00 to 15.00, which I refused.  She she would remove me from the magazine's subscription list and told me to disregard the bill.

I do believe there certainly are people who would have paid this "final notice" to avoid jeopardizing their credit.  This seems  fraudulent and should be reported  so HGTV will be forced to remove this from their site.  Any company with decent reputation should not be involved in these type of rip off scams for consumers simply wanting a chance to win something they offer.  I will wait to see if they are true to their word and remove this from their records or if I will continue to be billed for this.

If anyone else has the same complaints, find a way to report it until HGTV handles subscription to their magazine in a better way, for example with contact information for complaints when they are billed and a phone number to reach them.  It certainly seems shady if it's not downright illegal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2014 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HGTV-magazine/Harlan-Iowa-51593-1593/HGTV-magazine-sent-final-notice-for-payment-on-magazine-I-didnt-order-or-request-Harlan-1168197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HGTV magazine