Complaint Review: hhgregg

3230 Woodward Crossing Boulevard Buford, Georgia United States of America

hhgregg I was ripped off by hhgregg Buford, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Unfortunate

*Consumer Comment: Picket the bums

I purchased a GE dishwasher from hhgregg just over a year ago.  after about 4 months it stopped draining water so I called for a service call.  When the service was scheduled the guy called me and said he was in the neighborhood and should be there in 30 minutes.  He never showed, That was a half a day off work.  The following week we got it rescheduled, the guy came out and said he had to kill the power to the dishwasher, so he killed the power to the whole house.

He could not figure out how to turn it back on, so we had to call an electrician to turn it on.  $150.00 and another half a day off work.  Another service technician finally came out and got the dishwasher to work, another half a day off work.  about 3 or 4 months later the diswasher stopped pumping the water out again.  A service technician came out and said he had to order a part, another half day off work.

The technician got the part and fixed the dishwasher, another half day off work.  About a week before Thanksgiving, the dishwasher stopped pumping water out and hhgregg was called.  They informed us that GE was now responsible for the repair of the dishwasher.  The GE technician was contacted and a service call was schedule for the day before thanksgiving, another half day off work.  The technician called the house 30 minutes before his scheduled arrival time and stated that he had priority calls and was not going to respond.

We have informed GE and hhgregg that they now need to either replace the dishwasher or refund our money.  They have refused to do either and said they had to send another technician to see what the problem was.  With all the time taken off from work and pay lost we could have bought another dishwasher.  I informed hhgregg that I would picket their store until they replaced the dishwasher, they said go ahead.  Last Sunday i spent 4 hours outside the Mall of Georgia Store with a sign that read, " I was ripped off by hhgregg".  I intend to be back this weekend with the same sign.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hhgregg/Buford-Georgia-/hhgregg-I-was-ripped-off-by-hhgregg-Buford-Georgia-811715. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hhgregg

Unfortunate

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

But GE appliances have about the worst reputation, possibly even worse than Frigidaire. That's the great Democrat party fave big industrial pet of the financial world for you. The only thing GE has ever cared about are its big turbine business-to-business business. Consumer level stuff it couldn't care less about, except maybe its light bulbs.

And HH Gregg has a miserable rep from what I've seen. I never go in one.

Picket the bums

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

I truly admire you for what you are doing, and I hope you get results from your hard work.  Hang in there and maybe some Christmas Spirit will rub off on them.  Doubtful, but possible.