Complaint Review: HHGregg

• Submitted: Tue, November 22, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 22, 2011

• Reported By: cookie — Boca Raton Florida United States of America
Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

HHGregg Salesman messed up order big time!Terrible aggravation experience Boca Raton, Florida

HHGregg's salesman messed up my order due to him not doing his homework. I ordered 4 stainless steel appliances. Fridge,Stove,Micro,Dishwasher.He never asked which side the hinge to my fridge was on.Another salesperson mentioned this to me.1st fridge not delivered - I wasn't advised of this nor why.

Nasty deliverymen told me to look at invoice & call store.All they did was take out old stove,place new one in spot & checked to see if it worked.They would not take old dishwasher since it wasn't out of socket.I wasn't told to do this.Left boxed dishwasher/microwave in my living room.I had already schlepped all my stuff from fridge/freezer to my neighbor's house.

I called my salesman who played dumb when I asked why fridge was not delivered.He checked & said hinge couldn't be reversed. His fault! I paid for haul away of old appliances.I had to pick out another fridge where hinge could be reversed (Whirlpool).

It was delivered with hinge on wrong side.I was beyond angry!Deliverymen reversed hinges, set it up to work.They put the Whirlpool logo on the fridge crooked.I have Affresh to clean fridge but it's not working too well - Streaks awful.

Also the stove right next to the fridge is a Fridgidaire & has a different stainless steel finish.My original fridge was a Fridigaire.When my workmen went to install the dishwasher there was no water hook up kit included.Well, I was not told by my salesman that this kit was necessary.I called the store & was told it's not in stock & they told me to go to Home Depot, buy it & they'd reimburse me. I'll know tomorrow if this is the right kit.

When I came back my kitchen had a flood even though valves were off & there was a bowl under the sink.I ran to get towels & prayed it wouldn't spread to my downstairs neighbor.I am so dissatisfied & physically & emotionally exhausted.I'm a 70 yr. old disabled woman living alone & don't deserve this situation.I have been left with a very unpleasant experience from HHGregg. I deserve some compensation for all the anguish I have had to deal with. My blood pressure must be full the roof!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 12:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HHGregg/Boca-Raton-Florida-/HHGregg-Salesman-messed-up-order-big-timeTerrible-aggravation-experience-Boca-Raton-Flor-800674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HHGregg