Complaint Review: hidgeeks.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 27, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, December 27, 2010

• Reported By: gtg — Dallas Texas United States of America

hidgeeks.com No customer support - defective product I, Internet

Was looking for some HID lights for my vehicle and found HIDGEEKS.COM during my google searches. This product was advertised as high quality German made products, but when I got them, there were no labels on the ballasts or markings of any kind to identify the manufacturer. Ordered the product and received it in a reasonable amount of time. I tested the product as soon as I received it and this is when the problem started. One on the ballasts for the product was bad out of the box. I tried emailing them to get a new one shipped, but no answer to 5 or 6 emails. Then I tried calling their 800 number, which has not answered over about 10 calls in a month. The number just rings a couple of times, clicks and hangs up.

This transaction was disputed through paypal and HIDGEEKS.com told me to ship the product back after several days of attempting contacting them through paypal. The only contact I got back from them was when I disputed the transaction on paypal. I shipped the product back to them and sent copies of the documents that arrived with the product. I will note that I paid an additional fee for the lifetime warranty. Still have not received a replacement ballast, nor have had any contact from HIDGEEKS.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hidgeekscom/internet/hidgeekscom-No-customer-support-defective-product-I-Internet-675500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hidgeeks.com