Complaint Review: hidkitxenonlights

• Submitted: Thu, February 28, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: anonymouse — Nationwide United States of America
hidkitxenonlights

hidkitxenonlights http://hidkitsxenonlights.com/ "Great at taking money, ZERO product support or warranty" , Internet

Hello,

The online "company" hidkitsxenonlights.com is one I wish I had never dealt with. Upon looking at their website again I see that they have changed their web page name to "hid-r-us" and have made some changes to make their site appear new - all the while keeping their same URL.

I needed an HID kit to replace a failed set. I called the number on the page. The phone number goes straight to a recorded menu. I wanted to buy a product and yet had to try multiple times to get a live person to buy from! This should have opened my eyes. I finally get someone, a non US native, who helps place my order. My product arrives on time and I installed it.

A week after my purchase, perhaps coincidentally, I get a fraud alert call on my bank card. Someone has purchased airline tickets using my card. Hmmmm...

Now the problem. One bulb works, the other flickers. I do the A/B test to isolate determine the problem with certainty. I call back in an attempt to get service support. No one answers - you are told to deal with any support via email. I send off a detailed email. No response for a week. I call several times, having to pretend to be a new customer to get the same person on the phone. Excuses from the person on the phone for the support  people - On vacation, very busy, will get to you next week. Promises made every week for shipping replacement bulbs and still nothing.

3 weeks pass and I get an email telling me to please take my car to a repair shop for analysis! This after detailing my own testing which proved the faulty bulb and was agreed to by the "sales only" person on the phone.

2 more weeks, more phone calls, more emails,  I finally did receive new bulbs after 5-6 weeks. The color temperature did not match with the previous bulb that was already installed. I had to uninstall the working light and put in the matching pair they sent.

My advice to anyone seeking HID lighting, go to a local installer. You will be glad you did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hidkitxenonlights/internet/hidkitxenonlights-httphidkitsxenonlightscom-Great-at-taking-money-ZERO-product-supp-1021429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hidkitxenonlights