Complaint Review: High Point Thomasville Carriers

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: goose — Hays Kansas
High Point Thomasville Carriers
Hays, Kansas USA

High Point Thomasville Carriers Jeffery Proctor and Corby Kennedy Selling "name brand" furniture at a HUGE discount! Hays Kansas

On a Saturday afternoon, I heard a knock at my front door; it was a man selling "name brand" furniture for $.30 on the dollar, there was a semi-truck parked in our cultasac.  At first I told him I wasn't interested, and he told me that they would be in town for a couple days if I changed my mind, he gave me his card and was on his way.  I called my husband to tell him about it, and he said I may as well see what they've got, because we were looking for a bedroom set.

I hopped in my vehicle, and found the semi, and looked at their inventory.  They told me that they were selling the furninture for $.30 on the dollar because a furniture store out of Goodland, KS defaulted on their account with them.  He told me it was all "Thomasville" furniture, and showed me a portfolio of all the "quality" bedroom sets they had.  I picked out one that I liked, and told them I would pay them after I was able to inspect all the pieces.

They delivered everything to my house, and it appeared to be in perfect condition... it was "good, solid" wood furniture.  I paid them $2,058; and they were on their way!  After we got everthing set up, I got to looking at the tags that came on the furniture.  It didn't mention anywhere that it was by Thomasville.  The tags are for "New Classic Home Furnishings, Inc."  I searched for this line of furniture, and found that they offer "quality" furninture for a fraction of the price.  The set that I paid $2000 for, was listed on their website for $1,200!!

I am LIVID about this.  I am disappointed in myself for being "had," but disgusted with the people who can sleep at night, knowing their running a scam of a company!  I have told myself this many times, "if its too good to be true, it probably is."  I need to live by my words!

We have had the furniture for about 4 months now, and it knicks so easily... it turns out the wood is birch, and is very inexpensive, and not very dense.

Please don't be taken by these crooks!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/High-Point-Thomasville-Carriers/Hays-Kansas-67601/High-Point-Thomasville-Carriers-Jeffery-Proctor-and-Corby-Kennedy-Selling-name-brand-fu-1132759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on High Point Thomasville Carriers