Complaint Review: High Tech Toys - Radio Shack

• Submitted: Wed, June 10, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Madisonville Texas
High Tech Toys - Radio Shack
Main Street Madisonville, Texas U.S.A.

High Tech Toys - Radio Shack Rip Off Madisonville Texas

*Consumer Comment: That's ironic...

*Consumer Comment: What?

Our modem/router went out in the office. Our boss took it to High Tech Toys to replace it. He returned with a router. When I tried to hook it up it would not work and our boss had been told we could not return it. I called them back and the man I talked to started explaining how to hook it up.
I told him repeatedly that there was no where to plug in our phone line for the DSL like our old router had. After about 20 minutes he finally realized that we needed a modem too. He had looked at what we had and should have known that right away since he said he used to install them.
I asked if I could buy a modem and he said no one was allowed to sell them that they had to come from AT&T which is who we receive our DSL from.
I called AT&T and they said I could go to Best Buy and get one! When I talked to someone at Best Buy they said the guy at High Tech Toys did not know what he was talking about. That man had also said you can't get router/modem combos after market which the man at Best Buy said was also a lie.
Now we are stuck with a $40.00 router we cannot return. Also we are waiting for a Scandisk card for our digital camera because the one they sold us does not work and every one they tried at the store did not work! Needless to say we will be driving all the way to Bryan/College Station to do business with Best Buy since they know what they are doing and they would let us return the things we buy!

WR
Madisonville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2009 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/High-Tech-Toys-Radio-Shack/Madisonville-Texas-77864/High-Tech-Toys-Radio-Shack-Rip-Off-Madisonville-Texas-460459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on High Tech Toys - Radio Shack

That's ironic...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

It's interesting to see someone saying that they will go to Best Buy because they accept returns. This site is filled with reports from people complaining about Best Buy's return policy.

What?

AUTHOR: Neal - (U.S.A.)

What does this have to do with RadioShack? Did you goto RadioShack and buy the router or to some place called High Tech Toys?