Complaint Review: Highbeam Business

• Reported By: Hijude — Manistique Michigan
Highbeam Business
1 North State Street, Suite 900 Chicago, Illinois USA

Highbeam Business Fraudulent membership practices Chicago Illinois

I noticed a $49 charge on my credit card for Highbean Business. When I called the company, I was told that I had signed up for membership sometime in the past. Asking what information they had for the membership, I discovered that the street address and email address were not correct, at the time this membership was supposedly taken out by me, I had moved and these addresses where obsolete for over 8 months. I would never have used these addresses. When I asked for a full refund of all membership dues ($499), I was told that was against their company policy. That I had apparently taken this membership on a trial basis and failed to cancel it. And, that they sent me an email when the free membership ended, and I could have canceled the membership at that time. I reminded them that the email associated with this account was invalid, so I never would have received this email, so couldn't have been notified of the membership. Basically, this company collected over $499 of my money for a service they never had to give, since I never signed up for it, never knew about the membership and never used it. Any reputable company would have refunded the fraudulently obtained membership fees. They provided no service, yet kept $499 of my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2013 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highbeam-Business/Chicago-Illinois-60602/Highbeam-Business-Fraudulent-membership-practices-Chicago-Illinois-1047261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highbeam Business