Complaint Review: Highlights Kids Magazine

• Updated: Fri, August 02, 2013

• Reported By: Highlights Customer — Akron Ohio
Highlights Kids Magazine
803 Church St Honesdale, Pennsylvania USA

Highlights Kids Magazine Puzzle Books Highlights Magazine Puzzle Books Puzzle Buzz PuzzleMania Honesdale Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Inappropriate conversation overheard during telesales call.

I Recevied a call from Highlights Magazine company today about purchasing a Puzzle Buzz Magazine, while the lady was explaining the magazine, I could hear a man in the background yelling at what sounded like another person saying "No, You Dont Get a Break, Dont Even Start That", he was very rude to whomever he was talking to which I hope wasnt another customer.  I hung up the phone, and will be calling Highlights now to Cancel my subscription altogether.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Highlights-Kids-Magazine/Honesdale-Pennsylvania-18431/Highlights-Kids-Magazine-Puzzle-Books-Highlights-Magazine-Puzzle-Books-Puzzle-Buzz-Puzzle-1072492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Highlights Kids Magazine

Inappropriate conversation overheard during telesales call.

AUTHOR: Garry - ()

Hi This is Garry at Highlights for Children. I am sorry that you had this experience. I am a VP here and I would like to get more information from you so that I can research the incident.

You overheard some strange and inappropriate conversation going on in the background while one of our Telephone Marketing reps was talking to you about Puzzle Buzz. If you contact me with your phone number and name I should be able to figure out where and when the call was made. I can be reached at 614-487-2606.

My grandparents started Highlights in June of 1946. We are members of the Direct Marketing Association, the Magazine Publishers Association, The Council of Better Business Bureaus, and the Central Ohio Better Business Bureau where we have had NO unresolved complaints since the forties, and have earned an A + rating.

Once again, I apologize, and hope to hear from you soon so that I can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks