Complaint Review: HIKO Energy LLC

• Updated: Sun, February 23, 2014

• Reported By: Roger — Nazareth Pennsylvania
HIKO Energy LLC
12 College Road Suite100 Monsey, New York USA

HIKO Energy LLC Failed to comply with written guarantee signed by Elly Bernstein in Monsey New York

A sales represenative from HIKO Energy contacted me, by phone, with an offer to provide a low rate for electrical energy.  In the state of PA you have the oppertunity to choose whom you prchase your electricity from.  I was offered a vairable rate but with a guarantee that for the first six months the rate would be 1-7% less than the local Utilities Price to Compare, plus after one year a refund of your higest electrical charge for that year.  This sounded agreeable to me so I chose them to be my provider of electrical energy.

I received my first bill on Feb 18th 2014 and instead of being 1-7% less than the rate to compare it was in fact about 29% higher.  This resulted in an electrical usage charge of $1006.43 which is $714.72 higher than the $291.71 that I should have been charged according to the written guarantee.

I thought this might have been a simple mistake but when I called I kept getting a message that said "leave a number and we will attempt to return your call the next business day". [continued below]....

.....  After repeatedly dialing the number I finally got someone to answer but they could not help and said they would run it by management and call me back. When i got no call back that day I repatedly dialled the number untill I finally got an answer.  Same person who could not help and said she would run it by management and sincerly promised to call me back that day. I got no call back so again i dialed and dialed and got the same person with the same story. Finally two days later she called me back on a Sunday explaining that she was overwhelmed and having to work weekends.

I was told they were going to refund me $333.23 which is less than half of what I was overcharged and most likley it will be weeks if ever that I see that check.

This company needs to be shut down.  I have read other customer comments online that are having similiar experiences. Hiko is making promises and providing written guarentees and then stiffing customers with outragous bills. They have caused me undue stress, which affects my blood pressure, and my acid reflux, to say nothing of the finacial stess this puts on me and my wife.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2014 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIKO-Energy-LLC/Monsey-New-York-19052/HIKO-Energy-LLC-Failed-to-comply-with-written-guarantee-signed-by-Elly-Bernstein-in-Monse-1125914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIKO Energy LLC