Complaint Review: HIKO Energy LLC

HIKO Energy LLC
386 Route 59 Morsey, New York United States of America

HIKO Energy LLC Rip Off Morsey, New York

To all HIKO customers,
 My name is William Appel. I am 74 years old, married for 31 years. And just retired from NYMO after 38 years. I have lived in Syracuse,NY my entire life. An agent from HIKO energy approached my door, showed me a badge, and told me to sign his application in order to get lower rates on my utility bill. I signed and was a loyal customer to the company for the last 1-2 years. Just last week an agent from Direct Energy came to my door step. She helped me read my bill, informed me of the rate change between Direct Energy and HIKO. HIKO was charging 0.065/kwh and 0.65/therm where as Direct Energy was much cheaper. Also, the agent brought documentation from National Grids' website energy supplier list. I came to found out that HIKO is not on the suppliers list from National Grid. HIKO should reimburse me, because I feel as if the representative took advantage of my age and lack of knowledge in concerns to my utility bill. HIKO representative did not fully inform me of what I was currently paying compared to what I would be paying after enrolling with them. I found out while looking at past bills that my bill had raised $30-50 more since enrolling with them. Now I have switched to Direct Energy and feel more comfortable with the outcome of my utility bill, due to the agent properly explaining and breaking down everything for me. So if you see HIKO - say no, and tell them Mr.Appel wants his money back.
 Sincerely,
  Mr.Appel

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2012 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HIKO-Energy-LLC/Morsey-New-York-10952/HIKO-Energy-LLC-Rip-Off-Morsey-New-York-908789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HIKO Energy LLC