Complaint Review: His and Hers Auctions

• Updated: Sun, October 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jam216 — cleveland Ohio
His and Hers Auctions
13387 Smith Road Middleburg Hts, Ohio USA

His and Hers Auctions sells your stuff at high commission and for almost nothing Middleburg Hts Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Would I use them again? Yep

consigners beware.

they charge 50% to sell your item and dont even properly advertise it. took them weeks longer than they stated to put my items up, and then didnt even advertise them properly or should i say at all. They said there would be pictures online and that was a lie. I took quite a few nice things up there that were supposed to be sold and rather than doing their job, they threw my stuff into box lots and sold them for a dollar or two.(only way I can see to prevent this possibility is to place reserves on all your items.) You are paying for a service, and that service is poorly performed.

seems like they just value selling quantity over quantity. If its just junk it would be worthwhile, dont expect them to put the effort in to get full value for anything. Also the place always seems cluttered and very unorganized.

to the buyers: make sure you are vocal and quick to bid. I have had many missed bids because the one auctioneer cannot see. They are quick to sell, and everything is as is, which doesnt always work out since they lack the understanding to properly describe an item. They are open 2 hours before the auction but they are not organized whatsoever and not everything is up for auction that day.

Positives: Staff is friendly and flexible on picking your stuff up at a later date. Food is good. $2 jumbo hotdogs. The people are nice in general that attend also.

Cons: everything sold as is with vague descriptions.

Hopefully they care enough about their establishment to check reviews and improve. I am not saying do not go here. Im just saying be careful. buyers and consigners

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2013 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/His-and-Hers-Auctions/Middleburg-Hts-Ohio-44130/His-and-Hers-Auctions-sells-your-stuff-at-high-commission-and-for-almost-nothing-Middlebu-1093331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on His and Hers Auctions

Would I use them again? Yep

AUTHOR: bettyb - ()

I own a business scenecleanup.com and clean out estates, hoarder houses, crime scenes, etc. We cleaned out a huge basement filled with loads of items from a church. LOTS of Christmas decorations, misc items, etc. It wasnt too far away from Christmas, and I knew if i didnt sell them now, I would be sitting on them mostly for a whole year. I took a van load 3 times out to His and Hers, and they came out once to pick up a small trailer full.

Did they sell all of it? 90% yes, did I get top dollar (as I did when I sold much under savcash account on ebay) no, not top dollar in, but actually it ended up mostly as a barter because I bought alot when I went 3 weeks in a row when they were selling my things. I got good deals buys, I got a good deal selling in that it was more then I would have got if it didnt sell, and I didnt have to store it for a year.

Would I go back? Yes, the people were really nice, the auctionior Paul tried hard to raise up the bids, and I enjoyed myself in the evening out. I will take other things there, just they are so far from me here in Lake county - but just more careful on exactally what I am selling there.

Just saying, overall it was a good experiance, betty