Complaint Review: Ho Chunk Hotel & Convention Center

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Liza — Sussex Wisconsin
Ho Chunk Hotel & Convention Center
S3214 Highway 12 Baraboo, Wisconsin USA

h*o Chunk Hotel & Convention Center INACCURATE RECORD KEEPING - NOW ACCUSING ME OF NOT PAYING FOR A STAY Baraboo Wisconsin

In the Fall of 2012, my husband and I stayed at the RV Park at h*o Chunk in Baraboo, WI.  I cannot recall the exact date of the stay. The total charge was $48.09 which included tax. I paid CASH with a $50.00 bill at time of registration, as they don't allow you to have the RV spot without paying first.

A staff member led us to the site (we followed his vehicle through the gate to our site) and we had to show him the paid cash receipt before he'd hook our site up to water and electric.  In hindsight, I should have kept the cash receipt they gave me and guarded it with my life. However, I somehow misplaced it over the months.

I began receiving harassing letters from h*o Chunk Nation in December, 2012 saying I owed them the $48.09 I'd already paid. I responded via letter explaning that we'd already paid. I received a 2nd letter in February 2013 alleging no contact from me, (despite sending them a letter)  and called one of their customer service reps who assured me it was a mistake on their part and she would look into it, then if there was still a problem she would call me back - but if I didn't hear from her the matter was resolved. I had not heard from them for over 5 months until today.

I received a THREATENING letter (2 letters actually, one via regular mail and the other I had to sign for) alleging that if I didn't pay the $48.09, (which I'd already paid!) they would refer me to the h*o Chunk Nation Justice Department , charges would be filed against me in Federal Court and I could be imprisoned up to 5 years. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for over 20+ years - since the resort opened, having spent tens of thousands of dollars in their casinos, in their hotel and restaurants. And now, because of THEIR improper bookkeeping practices and inability to keep accurate cash records, they are harassing and threatening me. I know for a fact that I paid them with a $50 bill and received change in the amount of $1.91.  We would not have been able to hook up to the RV spot without showing the RECEIPT to the employee, which we did. How is it MY fault if one of their EMPLOYEES was dishonest and either pocketed the $50 bill or didn't keep accurate records?

DO NOT PATRONIZE ANY OF h*o-CHUNK'S LOCATIONS, AS THEY ONLY TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS LIKE CRAP AND THREATEN THEM WITH CRIMINAL ACTION OVER $48.09 DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ho-Chunk-Hotel-Convention-Center/Baraboo-Wisconsin-53913/Ho-Chunk-Hotel-Convention-Center-INACCURATE-RECORD-KEEPING-NOW-ACCUSING-ME-OF-NOT-PA-1053243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ho Chunk Hotel & Convention Center