suite

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Tony R. — Milton Georgia
Hobby Town USA
911 Market Place Blvd Cumming, Georgia USA

Hobby Town USA Sold me a metal detector with box open, tried to return he refused as box was open really? took pics of all the detectors all the boxes were open Cumming Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Return Policy is Clear

Went to this store to buy a metal dector, the box was opened when the clerk gave it to me. I questioned him about getting a closed box he said "their all open" sure enough they were I took a pic of the shelf full of opend boxes. Several days later I returned to the store initially the upgrade as I was disappointed with the detector. Before I could get that idea out completley the rude nasty owner Steve shut me down with "I dont take back stuff thats been opened" I said you sold it to me opened he says well that's my policy no exchanges or returns on open merchandise.  I said that won't be okay in this situation. At this point I just want my money back. He said I dont give money back,  I said you're wasting my time I will call, corporate office he said do what you want you're not getting your money back.

So I left and contacted corporate where they claim to serve God........first red flag. Finally got a return call from Brandon in Franchise Support who was nice but said the decision rest at the store level. Now Im forced to go to Magistrate Court with my pics of all the opend boxes to get my money back. Stay away from these people, once they get your money they are done with you no matter what.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hobby-Town-USA/Cumming-Georgia-30041/Hobby-Town-USA-Sold-me-a-metal-detector-with-box-open-tried-to-return-he-refused-as-box-1084239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hobby Town USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Return Policy is Clear

AUTHOR: HobbyTown USA - ()

Customer bought a metal detector and is correct that this manufacturer ships in open packaging. However, there is sealed packaging within the box which was torn open and used. He admitted he used the metal detector over the weekend and our return policy which is posted at the register and on the receipt states that the item must be unopened and unused. He clearly tried to circumvent the return policy by playing with words. He opened it and used it and it is not returnable.