distinguished

• Reported By: Former Customer — Brooklyn Heights Ohio USA
hobbyetc
90 West Pearl Street Internet United States of America

hobbyetc Poor Customer Service Internet

I recently purchased several items from Hobby Etc. I had previously placed and order and had it sent to my vacation rental home nearly 800 miles away. When I placed my recent order they apparently decided to use my vacation home address which I will never visit again instead of my billing address. There is no place to change this during checkout by the customer. Obviously I did not notice when placing the order since I had previously placed about 10 orders with this company prior.

I received a call from the rental office telling me that I had a package....I was confused until the told me who it was from and then figured out that they sent to the same address that I had left special instructions on a prior order. Anyway, I contacted Hobby Etc immediately and asked that they ship to the correct address since I was in need of this item for an upcoming race. Their reply "We will ship as soon as we get the return item" well now I am faced with forfeiting a scheduled race and a crappy company that will not work with me to resolve a problem they created. Looks like its time to do a chargeback with my credit card......amazing how some people think a simple $20 order is worth losing customers and facing a negative report from a major credit card company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2012 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/hobbyetc/internet/hobbyetc-Poor-Customer-Service-Internet-906069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on hobbyetc