Complaint Review: Holiday Inn Club Vacations

• Submitted: Wed, July 27, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2011

• Reported By: Holiday Inn Priority Club Platinum member — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Holiday Inn Club Vacations
8505 W Irio Bronson Memorial Hwy. Kissimmee, Florida United States of America

Holiday Inn Club Vacations HCV Deceptive, fraudulent bait and switch vacation package offer Kissimmee , Florida

After booking a Holiday Inn hotel for business a Holiday Inn Club Vacations rep came on to offer me a 4 day 3 night vacation package at one of the three HI resorts - Myrtle Beach, Orlando, or Gatlinburg TN. For $199 and agreeing to listen to a 2 hour marketing pitch, how could I go wrong?  It was wrong because it was a SCAM. I bought the package over the phone and a month later made reservations for August 10 at Myrtle Beach. When I got my confirmation email it was for a single room in a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!

Dealing with these people on the phone was horrible. "Did you read the letter we sent you after you bought the package? Doesn't it say 'at a member hotel'"? (It does - so what I'm supposed to somehow realize from that that the phone rep lied to me?)

Unfortunately we made plans around this trip - time off from work, my son meeting us there... a royal pain. After explaining to me that I'm in the wrong, that to stay at the resort was "around $480" they offered to upgrade me to that, but I would have to wait until at least the end of September because it is full up.

This is classic bait and switch - tell you about how lovely the resort is, all they want is a chance to tell you about it, that's why the package is offered so inexpensively, how much you'll love it, blah, blah, OH YEAH, but you'll actually be staying in a "member hotel" of our choosing, not the two room suite at the resort we're telling you about.

Anyway, I disputed the charge through my credit card, and they assured me it would be no problem to fix. Meanwhile I'm going to let others know that HCV is a SCAM. And I'm a Platinum Priority Club member (I spend a lot of nights at Holiday Inns every year). Make that spent, as in the past tense. There are plenty of other hotel chains, Holiday Inn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2011 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Inn-Club-Vacations/Kissimmee-Florida-34747/Holiday-Inn-Club-Vacations-HCV-Deceptive-fraudulent-bait-and-switch-vacation-package-offe-757335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Inn Club Vacations