Complaint Review: Holiday Inn Express

3620 Hamilton Blvd Route 222, Allentown,, Pennsylvania USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Holiday Inn Express Holiday Inn Express at Dorney Park in Allentown Pa. AARP and AAA discounts aren't the cheapest and when picking the cheapest rate smart saver there isn't anything that say's you can't cancel Allentown, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Question..

I was making the reservation at this Holiday Inn Express because my sister was having surgery on 04/02/2014 and the hospital is about a mile away. When I made my reservation online I checked both AARP and AAA so I could get the best rates I was given a rate and then clicked to Book. When I did another screen came up and it had more rate choices I choose the cheapest and put it on my CC. The next morning my sister was rushed to a different Hospital for emergency surgery on 03/27/2014. I Called and canceled right away giving 6 days notice to cancel. I was told it was a non-refundable room I choose. I tried to explain the facts and was told No manager was available to approve the refund and to call back. I did that 2 days later and once again I was told no Manager was available, I called the next day and the day after. The Hotel had already canceled my reservations finally a week after the reservation date I recieved a call from the Hotel Manager and he stated that He wouldn't refund the deposit and Corporate couldn't force him because it was independantly owned but if I choose to, I could stay another date at that Hotel only if the night was available if I wanted. I tried to explain that I live no where near there and it would cost me more to just spend the nite with no purpose. I said I would be happy to use it at another Holiday Inn and he said NO! I called the Corporate Offices and the verified what he said. So now I am out $110.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-Inn-Express-/Allentown-Pennsylvania-18103/Holiday-Inn-Express-Holiday-Inn-Express-at-Dorney-Park-in-Allentown-Pa-AARP-and-AAA-disc-1140594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday Inn Express

Question..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Did they advertise the "AAA/AARP Rate" as the BEST Rate?   My guess is that is a big NO.

As for them not telling you it was Non-Refundable.  I can just about guarantee that is incorrect also.  At somepoint you got to a screen to put your Credit Card number in.  On that screen was a set of terms that included the fact that the rate was non-refundable, and at the bottom of that screen was either a checkbox or button that in effect says "Click here to confirm that you have read and agree to the terms".

slave