Complaint Review: Holiday inn vacation club

• Updated: Mon, August 20, 2012

• Reported By: doublej — valparaiso Indiana United States of America
Holiday inn vacation club
8505 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. kissimmee, Florida United States of America

Holiday inn vacation club orange lake capital management orange lake resorts crown park resort smoky mountain resort Sells timeshares with big promises, then changes the terms, jacks up fees, and restricts owners from using units by reserving them for their own retail rental market. kissimmee, Florida

*General Comment: I, too, feel scammed by HCV

*Consumer Comment: My Story Too!!!

I also bought a timeshare in Gatlinburg, TN when it was Crown Park Resort. I absolutely loved it. Then Orange Lake came along and changed the terms that were agreed upon at the time of purchase. Owner Support has refused to resolve any of the issues. I have filed complaints with the Attorney General in Indiana, Tennessee, and Florida but still have not gotten what we paid for.

Maintenance Fees were immediately increased to that of a 2 bedroom unit, when I own a 1 bedroom unit. Orange lake has failed to explain why I would pay the same maintenance on a smaller unit. Less sq footage equals less maintenance, less taxes, less utilities, however Orange lake demands more.  I have in writing the first day incentives that were promised at the time of purchase, but Orange Lake says sorry we dont do that anymore. No more attraction tickets or extra nights.

We cannot see any availability online, however you can go to Holiday inn vacation club's website and pay cash and stay virtually any time. But I'm an owner, too bad says Orange Lake "we already have your money!" Now, we are required to pay a Club member fee to use the unit we purchased. But I own the unit, too bad says Orange Lake, we want more of your money.

I have now retained an attorney and I look forward to exposing Orange Lake for who they really are. I am currently in the process of compiling a list of all owners of record at Smoky Mountain Resort. It is about time that a class action lawsuit is filed on behalf of the good hardworking people that have fell victim to the old "bait and switch". I am fortunate enough to have a great job and will spend my life savings to ensure Orange lake doesn't go unpunished for the way they run their business. SHAME ON YOU ORANGE LAKE, HOLIDAY INN, SMOKY MOUNTAIN RESORT,  or whatever you are calling it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2012 06:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Holiday-inn-vacation-club/kissimmee-Florida-34747-8201/Holiday-inn-vacation-club-orange-lake-capital-management-orange-lake-resorts-crown-park-r-864548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Holiday inn vacation club

#1 General Comment

I, too, feel scammed by HCV

AUTHOR: TC361 - ()

I know this report is from about 2-years ago, but recently a similar thing happened to me. I booked one of these supposed "free" vacations at the Orange Lake Resort. I made plane reservations, also paid for Disney and Universal tickets to make a real vacation out of it. Then, they scheduled me for this sales tour in the middle of the day, which would have completely ruined a whole day for us at one of the parks. I called them and asked if we could do an earlier tour, and I was told, "No." So, we debated it, and decided that we would cancel the trip for those dates. I cancelled the trip, and then asked about getting the 299 back (yes, the prices to get scammed by HCV are incresed nowadays). They told me I would have to write a letter to their HQ and request ther efund. I did that, and then they told me, "Sorry, the trip was non-refundable." Iw as floored, because no where, at no time, was I ever told this 299 was to actually purchase a non-refundable trip. I was told it was simply a perfunctory fee to make sure you show up for the tour once you are at the property. Well, I cancelled my trip about a week in advance, and they still kept my cash. I've been working with IHG to get this resolved, and they are being given the run around by HCV as well. I am so sorry I ever got caught up with these people.

My Story Too!!!

AUTHOR: pastorbankens - (United States of America)

Hello,

I couldn't help but reply to your Posting!  My wife and I are in the exact same boat as you.  We too purchased at Smokey Mountain Resort (Crown Park) and have been harassed non-stop by Orange Lake since the sell.  I am so fed up with the "Club Fees" and they're now renting the rooms out online to non-owners and we're having to pay all of these insane Club Fees while others just go in and rent.  I would be SO THRILLED to be a part of a Class Action Law Suit!  I want to be forever Free from this nightmare of a Company!  I live in Mississippi and would really be interested in knowing about the Attorney that's representing you and what steps you've taken.  My email address is pastorbankens@gmail.com.   Thanks so much and I really hope to hear back from you.