Complaint Review: holsted jewelers

• Updated: Mon, December 02, 2013

• Reported By: robin — greenwich Connecticut
holsted jewelers
135 madison ave 8th flr new york, New York USA

holsted jewelers Plead for refund due to terminal health. But receive a sales pitch instead. Trade them for a kidney. new york New York

*General Comment: Not a ripoff..

Holsted Jewelers sends a flyer out stating free rings and gift just pay for shipping and handeling. Knowing nothing is for free I noted that shipping for a ring that weighs and ounce is 6.99. This is obviously how they make their money since to ship an ounce anywhere in the US is less than a dollar.

I get a total of four rings and on my bill it reads 6.99 each. Then a couple lines down the fifth and sixth ring are 56.98 each. I take all six rings and return them right away along with a letter stating I had no idea that this was what was going to happen and to please credit my account.

Nothing happens for weeks. I call and get the run around until I finally get someone who is willing to credit the two charges of 56.98 minus 6.99 each for shipping. Now I sent all 6 rings back with 4 stamps. So it cost me about 29 cents per ring. So now im stuck with a bill for $41.94 plus the interest i've been paying on the original $140.00 and I have nothing.

I plead with this women that my husband is in end stage renal failure and I am getting ready hopefully to give him a kidney if my health will permit it. We are a perfect match. That we cannot afford to give money away and I probably shouldn't have spent the $6.99 on the rings anyways but I wanted to have something pretty since lately thats not much of an option.

She flat out refuses to refund me and then I say well can I have my rings back the ones I paid $6.99 for and she says "yes but i have to charge you $6.99 for each one again". So if I want back the rings I have paid for and sent back in hopes of a refund that i did not get I have to pay for them twice. I quess she gets to have them now. Unbelievable. Shocked. So i say put them in a bubble envelope like I did with a couple stamps and send them I don't mind. Shes says "No have to charge you another $6.99 each." scammed totally.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2013 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/holsted-jewelers/new-york-New-York-10016/holsted-jewelers-Plead-for-refund-due-to-terminal-health-But-receive-a-sales-pitch-inste-1103686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on holsted jewelers

#1 General Comment

Not a ripoff..

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its not a ripoff if you DO NOT read the fine print.