Complaint Review: Home Buyers Resale Warranty

• Updated: Sat, August 17, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Louisville Kentucky
Home Buyers Resale Warranty
Denver, Colorado USA

Home Buyers Resale Warranty www.2-10.com Denied claim with basis of pre existing but happened after move in Denver Colorado

We recently bought a house and had a very thorough home inspection done. I was here during the inspection and all utilities were on as the home inspector had to test all the appliances and check for any leaks with water, gas, drainage, and sewer. All passed.

We closed on Wed July 30 2013. I had started moving stuff into the basement immediately. That following Sun I started smelling natural gas coming from the furnace/warter heater area. I called the local utility company to come out to verify and they did find a leak at the main line inside our home at the fitting that runs to the water hearter, stove, and furnace so they shut off the gas coming into the house. I called them to file a claim and they gave me the number to the plumbing company that they use. They immediately denied the claim to fix the problem that we have. We got this warranty just for problems like this. I immediately called my law firm as I am a member of Legal Shield, formerly Pre Paid Legal, to handle the matter. They wrote a letter demanding this issue get honored as they are suppose to according to what 2-10 claims to do. We also had to pay a $100 copay for a job that has not been completed.

We have to bath using hot water heated in a rice cooker just like they do in 3rd world countries. Anyone buying a home I advise that at your closing look at the papers very good and make sure this warranty company is not onyour settlement statement. As of today, 8/17/2013, this matter is still not settled. If this matter is taken care of by the warranty company, I will write another report to as to how the issue is handled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Home-Buyers-Resale-Warranty/Denver-Colorado-80231/Home-Buyers-Resale-Warranty-www2-10com-Denied-claim-with-basis-of-pre-existing-but-happ-1076732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Home Buyers Resale Warranty