• Submitted: Tue, August 12, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, August 12, 2014

• Reported By: AlabamaHandyman — Huntsville Alabama
10012 S Memorial Pkwy Huntsville, Alabama USA

HOME DEPOT - RIDGID TOOLS NO LIFETIME WARRANTY!! LIES!! Told me it would cost $18.95 to run diagnostics when Battery is bad! Huntsville Alabama

Home Depot told me it would cost $18.95 to run diagnostics when Battery is bad!

I asked the guy working to take the battery out & try a new one after he told me he was going to charge me. and he put a new battery in & it ran fine.

They will not replace the battery! They still insist that I have to pay to have diagnostics run.

The Home Depot employee stated that RIGID is the one who has made this decision, and that RIGID is no longer honoring the LIFETIME WARRANTY as advertised.

I did research after I got home & read how others have paid for the diagnostics, and then have to pay for the replacements as well. WHAT A SCAM!

I stopped purchasing DeWalt because RIGID promised a LIFETIME WARRANTY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOME-DEPOT-RIDGID-TOOLS/Huntsville-Alabama-35803/HOME-DEPOT-RIDGID-TOOLS-NO-LIFETIME-WARRANTY-LIES-Told-me-it-would-cost-1895-to-r-1169381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOME DEPOT - RIDGID TOOLS