Complaint Review: home finance of america

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: mark — newbury park California United States of America
home finance of america
521 plymouth road ste112 plymouth meeting, Pennsylvania United States of America

home finance of america Unfair charges plymouth meeting, Pennsylvania

Look at their reviews on epinion first, wish I had! I contacted Jamie O'Neal thru their website on a chat. We progressed from there based on the refi rates I was quoted. Please keep in mind my credit is excellent and well above 730 score. Eventually, I gave approval to Jamie to run our credit, my wifes score is higher than mine. She came back and comlimented me on our scores. Assured we have no problem with credit scores, we proceed and fill out and send in the application and necessary docs. Once again, assured we have locked the rate and proceeding ot underwriting, we hear nothing for another week.

Then I receive an email from Jamie, the Underwtier has found a problem. I put a dispute on a 30 day late(only one I have ever had) from GMAC 5 years ago and it has to be removed or they cannot do the loan. Keep in mind I had done a refi with my current lender since then, no issue. GMAC admiited fault, said they would remove it, never did. I did what I should have and put a notice I disputed the report of the 30 days late. This is my right. Jamie tried to get the Underwriter to understand and I was not allowed to talk directly to them. I called for GMAC who is now ALLY, they said to write a letter and it could take months to resolve. I called all Bureaus, they said the same. However, Jamie had a solution, if I paid a fee, they could get it removed. I did some research and this seemed like a lie.

Finally, I called my current lender, spoke to my loan processor. Of course, they ask why I would not go thru them in the first place and basically told me there is no problem with me and my dispute and reminded me it was there when they processed the prior loan. Called Jamie, nothing she can do. Bottom line, I did my refi, got the rate I was offered by this company and NO HASSLES! Then Home Finance slams a $487 charge on my credit card for a loan application! I tried to reach Jamie, no response. I have filed with the BBB, disputed on my credit card, filed with the FTC and the PA Attorney Generals Office. Look at their reviews, read between the lines, looks like a habit to me. I am just saying BEWARE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/home-finance-of-america/plymouth-meeting-Pennsylvania-19462/home-finance-of-america-Unfair-charges-plymouth-meeting-Pennsylvania-966414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on home finance of america