Complaint Review: HOME GAS CORPORATION

• Submitted: Sun, August 01, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 01, 2004

• Reported By:Coral Gables Florida
HOME GAS CORPORATION
1060 SW 27th Ave Miami FL 33135 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

HOME GAS CORPORATION Billing without explanation - over billing - never reading meters yet charging customers Miami Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Can You Rea The Meter Yourself?

My apartment building's gas is run by HOME GAS CORP. Ordered gas to be turned on app. Oct 10th. After waiting 2 days with no arrival called again and was told I never had an account set up. My gas was finally turned on the third day of missed work.

Six months went by without a bill even though I called every month looking for a bill. Received a bill for $137 at the end of March with no explanation of charges (app. $22 a month) Paid with personal check.

Then started receiving monthly bills in April for a consistent $11 a month half of the cost on the first bill. Have called every Monday since first week in May 2004 trying to find out what I am paying for.

I have never been able to speak to a supervisor - out to lunch, on vacation, in a meeting. Have requested a call back to sort this issue out every week have never received a call back from anyone at this company. The last time I call July 19th 2004. I was told my meter hadnt ever been read. I asked what I was paying for and received this as an answer "well your gas is still turned on isnt it?"

I dont understand how a utility busines can run without reading the meters of its customers. I want to understand what I am paying for and I would like some customer service instead of being promised call backs from employees and/or the supervisor and never receiving them.

I was told the last time that she became "too busy to handle my issue and gave it to another sales representative" that I never heard from.

Lacy
Coral Gables, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2004 03:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HOME-GAS-CORPORATION/Miami-Florida-33135/HOME-GAS-CORPORATION-Billing-without-explanation-over-billing-never-reading-meters-yet-101600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HOME GAS CORPORATION

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Can You Rea The Meter Yourself?

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

I don't know how apartments are set up for gas meters, but when I had problems with a utility company not reading my meter, I contacted them and told them I would like meter cards so that I could read my own meter. I then submitted the card motnhly with the correct reading and received the proper billing. The utility company's excuse for not reading my meter was that I had dogs. I did, but they were not outside when I was at work.